Artificial Intelligence or AI is a developing sector where there is a lot of scope of the invention. Artificial Intelligence aims at creating machines that think and act like human beings. Artificial Intelligence is used in our day to day activities and aims to make our lives better.
Even though there are a lot of advantages of it, there are some of the Artificial Intelligence disadvantages associated with it as well.
- High Cost: Construction of Artificial Intelligence related equipment needs a lot of money as they are very complicated and require a lot of money. You also need a lot of money in order to maintain as well as repair this equipment. There are several kinds of software that need to get upgraded almost every day. If the system suddenly breaks down, then recovering all the important codes will require a lot of money as well as time.
- No Substitution Of Human Beings: Artificial Intelligence disadvantages include the fact that Artificial Intelligence cannot ever replace human beings as they do not learn anything with experience. It is very different than human intelligence, even if a lot of data can be stored. It also gets subjected to a lot of tear and adverse conditions. These machines do not have any emotions and lack all kinds of moral values. It cannot choose between right or wrong situations. Whenever the machine is put in an unknown situation, it stops responding correctly or breaks down almost instantly.
- No Scope Of Creativity That Is Original: A human mind is known for its originality. Artificial Intelligence is used for creating and designing purposes, but it cannot be as creative as a human being. It is considered as an Artificial Intelligence Disadvantage as the intuitive ability of our brain is hard to replicate. Human beings are social animals, and they have feelings. They are guided by these feelings in order to give rise to new ideas.
- Unemployment: The ultimate goal is to replace Human Beings, who are workers, with machines made with the help of Artificial Intelligence. It is an Artificial Intelligence disadvantage totally undesirable when we see it from the social aspect. Human beings also become too dependent on these machines and lose their productivity power. It can also lead to mass destruction as there is always a chance of the machines taking over.
- Uneven Power Distribution: Many experts believe that Artificial Intelligence is a threat to the human beings as it takes away the control from them. Since it lacks emotions, AI tends to de-humanize several actions. If it goes of control, then several people can also get killed within a few seconds only.
Artificial intelligence does have a lot of potential advantages, but it will be a foolish decision if we do not keep the disadvantages in mind. It is in the hands of the humans to look after the development on such AI robots so that things do not go out of their hands.