On-the-job learning has sought out to be one of the most popular, yet effective modalities of learning that takes places within an organization, which often reaps high benefits. This often occurs through casual information sharing, experience sharing, observation and training from peers. This is called learning by performing.
A learning experts focus on the performance of each individual is a crucial factor in crafting a genuine blended learning model, as opposed to unilaterally focusing on delivering the content without structuring it appropriately.
Blended learning is the mix of various learning technologies. Training development turns out to be progressively successful when the right technology merge with needs of the learners. It is a blend of online learning, recordings, videos, webinars, classroom learning, coaching etc.
Blended learning streamlines resources, giving the best outcome from the available set of resources.
Blended learning helps to focus on the problem and what is the best possible way to solve the problem considering participants and content in mind.
Essentially, blended learning is a technique that unites the best of both classroom learning and eLearning, which is essential in boosting employee engagement and development. Some insights from following approach include:
- Blended learning has higher level of engagement by utilizing plenty of training techniques such as classroom, instructor led training, videos, audios etc.
- Blended learning is flexible as it allows employees to access the training at their pace using mobile phones or laptop devices anytime and anywhere.
- It is financially savvy as it reduces training cost. It requires less face to face interaction reducing the cost to travel and also requires less trainers. Obviously, web-based learning comes with its own costs; it requires different assets and skilled professions to structure high quality web based learning module.
- We can easily track the training using LMS Platform. It is quicker and more convenient to track the learning.
- We can develop blended learning program based on the learning objectives we plan to cover and implement.
- A higher level of satisfaction is seen as blended learning caters the need of different types of learners.
In one of the study IBM has estimated that almost 40% of the classroom training cost is spent on traveling from one place to other. Therefore, reduction in the time and money spent in classroom training can lead to reduced training cost for the organization.
It is very important to take the nature of the work and preferences of your employees into consideration before designing any blended learning program. It is advised to conduct a survey of the people in order to figure out the requirements of the learners and the learning techniques they prefer.
In addition to this, It is essential to persuade your learners that the blended learning project will assist them to learn better and will ensure active participation. There needs to be a proper communication with a well-reasoned explanation can play an important role in gaining acknowledgement from your learners and making the blended learning program a grand achievement.
To conclude, blended learning for corporate training isn’t just adaptable, financially savvy, and engaging but also a more engaging way to learn. Engage and empower your learners to become dynamic members in your organization’s success by putting them through well-structured learner-centric training program.