E-Learning content development process is meant to ensure the training is correct for the whole team. Taking the time to understand the training objectives and company goals is invaluable when creating a successful course.
eLearning Content Development Steps
There are some steps that all eLearning content development process must undergo. In this article, you will get to learn some of the common steps that should apply in every eLearning content management system.
- Analysis – This is usually the first step when it comes to eLearning content development process. At this stage, you should be able to examine the learning content, profiles of the people you are focusing, and the objectives of learning. Once you take up the course, consider the kind of tasks that are meant to be accomplished. Based on that information, a proper instructional plan is created to be able to come up with an excellent way of presenting the content.
- Creating The Instructional Design Document – This is a high-quality plan of the whole instructional approach of the course. Some of the most common procedures at this stage include problem solving, scenarios, and images. In this stage, it is also decided how the content will be broken down into courses, screens, or even modules. Each course needs to be created using a unique strategy and the web designers should be well-informed before they begin the job.
- Scripting – In this stage, the content to be used for each course is settled and divided into segments. A word document is usually used for scripting, but a PowerPoint presentation also works fine.
- Prototype Development – In this stage, you are presenting the whole course using a few slides. The content on screen and audio are decided. All decisions that are based on the presentation of the content on the screen, colors, images, and animations are all finalized at this point. There is a lot of writing, rewriting, and revisions that are actually taking place at this stage. The prototype should be working on the eLearning content development process.
- Developing The Course Without Including Audio – The stakeholders receive a practical course without audio. After their approval, the process of creating audio begins. It is very costly to create an audio file and then recreates it with any repetitions. Thus the audio file is made only when the script is final.
- Developing The Course With Audio – As soon as the audio script is final, the final course is sent to the stakeholders for approval. The quality of the audio and the pronunciation are essential and have to be flawless. The audio developed has to be in sync with onscreen text and animations.
- Creating The Learning Management System Version – The first six stages are mainly creative. The final stage is more technical and mechanical. The stakeholders have the responsibility of checking if the course is adaptable. Then it is ready to be hosted on the learning platform and go live by the technical team.
The reason why the e-learning content development process is followed accurately by eLearning companies is that the stakeholders are involved in all the stages and the development team has to seek their approval to proceed to the next stage. At the end of the whole process, learners get a course that helps them get quality and learn without any difficulty.