Employee training should be a long-term investment and not as an expense. With the increasing competition, employee performance is at attention and employers can no longer remain indifferent to it. With the advancement of technology, the expectations of employees from training and development have changed.
The training tools and pace that you are using should be evolved accordingly to keep up the change of pace. And that is why corporate trainers should be brought up to speed. Only professional trainers who shows up right set of skills and utilize the powerful training tools can bring you closer to the goal of increased employee productivity and organization growth.
Training tools are any platform, program, template or means that helps trainers in training. There are various training tools available and trainers can choose any tool among those.
- eLearning Authoring Tool: This tool is a necessary tool in any trainer’s toolbox. This is one of the primary tools with which you kick start your online training environment. This is the starting point of creating an extensive variety of engaging content and any business operating in any vertical can use it for their employee training. Make certain that you have this tool as this is one of the most important tools for training and development today.
- Learning Management System: A cloud-based learning management system LMS is another important tool used in corporate training. From examining K-12 education with exams, quizzes to provide a compliance training for sexual harassment training course, an LMS can bring all aspects of online training under one roof. For instance, you can easily manage learners, create and share content, view report and analytics and issue certificates.
- Graphic Design Tools: Not every corporate trainer knows how to use a graphic designing tool. That is why trainers need graphic design tools as one of the training tools to aid in creating extraordinary graphic. Just like an LMS this is also an important tool as a session without engaging graphics and just text can bore the learners. Graphics are also important for modern-day learner as their attention span has reduced and such appealing content can enhance their engagement level.
- Audiovisual Tools: If you have deployed LMS but do not have included audiovisual elements in your training, it would be ineffective. Audio and visual elements in online learning is popular for obvious reasons. These are learner friendly as learner can grasp information better if they it is presented through engaging videos. The video can also be watched on the go on any device. That is why videos appeal to a larger set of audience around the world. There are various web-based tools which you can use for creating your own learning video, walkthrough video and include it in your courses for better learning experience.
- Social Media Management Tools: Today learning has detached itself from the restrictions of a classroom whether traditional or online. It has upgraded to social learning. There is also a valid reason for this development. Learners now-a-days like to learn through social recommendation, experience and collective problem-solving. So, with an LMS it is important to have social media management tools as they come useful to corporate trainers. You can use these tools to create posts, manage multiple social media page, manage them and analyze performance.
Mere skills are not going to help; you also need powerful tools with the skills which empower you to achieve your training goals on time and as expected. If you apply these essential tools, you will achieve good training results.