Today, with the vast development in the world, learning and development techniques have evolved. The modus operandi of classrooms has changed to comprise online e-learning technology. There is a third addition in classrooms and that is a computer. This blended learning method, or hybrid teaching if you will, beats the traditional pedagogical practices. Blended learning combines face-to-face learning with online learning.
With this significant use of technology in classrooms, the concept of blended learning has been introduced in the corporate world too. Blending learning for corporates combines face-to-face learning with online learning to meet their evolving needs.
Why is there the need for blended learning for corporates?
There is an imperative need for continuous training of employees. However, the traditional face-to-face training has its issues. The scheduling of trainer-led sessions is tedious, time-bound, expensive and logically unfeasible.
Therefore, the need of a new form of learning arose and digital technology came as a saviour.
Benefits of using blended learning for corporate training:
- Human Touch Ensures Flexibility
- The presence of both an e-learning platform and an instructor poses an advantage. The limitations of both learning formats are overcome when used together. The instructor adds a human touch and clears any doubts related to the topic explained on the computer.
- The training programme is more employee-centred. The individuals can learn at their pace devoid of any limitations.
- Conserves Time and Money
- Due to blended learning for corporate, the employees can be trained as and when the need arises. There’s no time constraint as the technology is available 24×7. The man-hours are also reduced, which makes it a more efficient way of imparting training.
- Also, the only cost involved is procurement, installation and maintenance cost of technology, which is quite low as compared to the traditional mode of training. In fact, the ROI is much greater as compare to the latter.
- Better Learning
- The lessons are imparted in a very informative and user-friendly way. The use of multimedia, presentations and instructional design helps the employees register and retain the information more effectively.
- The lessons can also be re-run or repeated in the future without any hassle. Repetition leads to retention and hence, it is a very important feature of blended learning.
Ways to implement blending learning for corporate:
- Create your blended learning goals and inform employees about it
- Set clear goals about what you want to achieve. It is important to inform and educate your employees about this new format of training.
- With the dynamic changes in the corporate environment, it’s essential to adapt to the latest technology trends. Tell learners the benefits of this approach, how they can learn and understand better through hybrid learning.
- Develop a blended learning program that works for you
- Take the preferences of your employees in consideration when designing a blended learning program.
- You first need to choose the learning outcomes develop the format accordingly. You can conduct a survey to know the type of work and preferences of the employees, which will help you cater to their needs. The shop floor level of employees may prefer videos since they might not be able to read properly, whereas the higher levels might require detailed modules.
- Utilise your Learner Management System properly
- LMS enables you to inform employees about the blended learning sessions, maintain the storage of the training material, conduct online assessments and maintain a report of the effectiveness of learning imparted, along with other benefits.