Who does not recognize the importance, benefits and value of an effective training content developer program? And, if implemented properly, a training program can make workforce more efficient, thereby increasing productivity, job satisfaction, profits and overall revenue while, at the same time, decreasing inefficiencies, turnover, waste and expenses.
However, the creation of an effective training program is not easy. Some noteworthy complications may incorporate a training program that does not target a particular business objective, or a program that aims at a target which cannot be fixed by mere training, or a program that does not even recognize the true purpose behind training, or one that includes way too much data, knowledge or information.
So, at this point, you might want to create an effective training content developer program.
Create An Effective Training Content Developer Program
Here is how you can get started.
Carry out a training requirements assessment:
It may sound simple, but it is a lengthy 4-step process, which incorporates
- Recognize a clear yet concise business objective supported by the program
- Identify the undertakings the employees are required to accomplish in order to reach the pre-set business objective
- Verify the program activities that will assist the employees in the achievement of pre-set tasks or business objective
- Determine the criterion of learning that will help in the creation of an effective training content developer program
- Keep in mind the principle of training program – self-directed, goal-oriented, task-oriented etcetera
Develop programs’ learning outcomes:
Learning outcomes evaluate the influence of training program on employees – In fact, they are the be-all, end-all of a training program.
Here is what a learning program may include:
- KSA’s – Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes;
- SMART – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound;
- ABCD – Actor, Behavior, Conditions, Degree of performance etc.
Design training program materials:
Designing is a phase of ‘plan before’ actual program starts. Remember the following while you are designing a training content developer program:
- Design before development
- Pay attention to learning requirements, learning objectives, learning outcomes
- Hands-on-practice matters;
- Ensure that employees get to ask questions, provide feedback etc.;
- Break your program into ‘chunks’ of training, rather than a useless sea of knowledge or data etcetera.
Develop program’s training materials:
Roll your sleeves up and get to work – actual development. You can utilize a variety of tools, techniques etc. to develop differing training materials such as:
- MS Office – To create handouts or training notes etc.
- PowerPoint – To create visually appealing slide decks,etc.
- Posters or flipcharts – To create visual materials etc.
- E-learning tools – To create e-learning modules etc.
Implementation can be done via a variety of ways such as:
- Classroom instruction
- Role-playing activities
- Case studies or focus groups
- Group discussions or assignments
- On-the-Job skills
- Paper-based handouts or assessments
- E-learning modules etc
A training program is important inside a work setting. However, its effectiveness or efficiency is determined by its design, development and implementation. If you follow our guide, we believe you will be able to create an effective training content developer program in no time.