The presence of strong leaders is important for an organization to grow. Leaders should try to increase their leadership skills and the team’s performance. Best companies in the world are managed by leaders who acknowledge, accept and appreciate their team’s performance. An organization which lacks in proper leadership and management will sooner or later turn into chaos.
A true leader doesn’t let the team handle things on their own. A conscious and effective leader takes responsibility for the team’s performance knowing that without his persistent suggestion everyone would suffer.
Qualities of a true leader
True leaders find way of handling their life, company, team and career. The more skilled and knowledgeable you are the more impact your actions, words and leading will have. Here are some of the qualities of a successful leader:
- Sense of responsibility: True leader should always feel responsible for the wellbeing of the organization. And he is self-responsible also. A leader never blames others, instead find ways to create the best solution for problems.
- Communication skills: Every leader should try to be clear and concise in the communication to be understood in a better way. He should really listen to his team members and should understand body language. Advanced writing skills are also required for a leader to convey his ideas and objectives.
- Transparency and honesty: A transparent leader would always attract the team members. The employees would feel like that they are working for a boss who is always going to show best interests in their team members.
- Commitment to a clear vision: A leader should come up with a clear vision as the first essential step. Without that, the leader won’t be able to inspire the team to get closer to the goal. The more committed leader is in reaching out to the goal, the more consistent will he be in his pursuit.
Leadership activities to try at work
Well-thought team building activities organized by the leader will improve self-awareness of the participants. When they realize that they were going wrong at some practice, they will be able to change the behavior and perspective.
- The leader’s task. Organize a debate or essay which addresses leadership topics. Design the contest in a way so that only few people can win the first position. Create teams and appoint the winners as leaders. Every leader would be given a goal to achieve and they can handle the team as they want. The teams who achieve the goal, wins. The team who couldn’t achieve the goal, can be given more time.
- 30 seconds left. Gather employees and ask them to recall the best moments of their lives. This could include personal breakthrough, professional achievement, experiences they have shared with family and friends or exciting adventures. Ask them to narrow down to time limit of 30 seconds and narrate the moment. This activity will allow your employees to understand what others like and care about and would increase team bonding.
- Race of leaders. This activity will help you to evaluate employee’s self-esteem and self-confidence. Write some leadership qualities on a piece of paper. Read each quality out loud and ask participants to step forward if the sentence they hear applies to them. Each step must be justified so they must be ready to give the reason why they possess those qualities.
Becoming a leader who effectively manages the team, responsibilities, project, and personal life at the same time is a complex matter.
However, if you do not reach to the full potential of you and your team members, you will never observe ample success. Keep expanding and improving and soon you will realize how important your consistent growth is for the people around you.