Many organizations are now looking for qualified and experienced Diversity and Inclusion experts to head their D&I initiatives. The most important “outcome” for this job role is to lead, inspire, develop, and execute a diversity strategy that fosters a culture of Inclusion across the organization. The head of Diversity & Inclusion Consulting Services help build a diverse and an inclusive organization. D&I experts research the organization and the industry, identify high priority issues, and create an actionable plan for change. Diversity & Inclusion heads identify and remove unconscious bias during the recruiting and selection process in order to build an equal opportunity organization.
The typical job description for Head – D&I Consulting Services includes the following:
- Conduct due diligence of the existing Human Resource policies, business processes and work environment to objectively report the current status of Diversity an Inclusion parameters in the organization.
- Prepare a project plan that aims to achieve a globally harmonized diversity and inclusion policies and processes across the organization.
- Build consensus among the key stakeholders across various countries / business units on the organizational charter for diversity and inclusion policies.
- Lead the implementation of Diversity & Inclusion policies, processes and practices across the organization.
- Ensure the proper allocation of budgets across various business units.
- Handle external and internal communication around the D&I practices in order to build organizational brand. This includes engaging teams internally and creating visibility for the organization by speaking at various international forums.
- Manage risk and ensure complete statutory compliances.
- Be a confidant and advisor to the leadership team for matters related to the diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Mentor and coach internal managers and leaders on the needs for creating an inclusive environment.
- Speak at various educational forums as a part of the CSR initiatives of the organization
- Build a succession plan for the role of the Head – Diversity and Inclusion (Internal) Consulting Services
- Build a community of Diversity and Inclusion allies within the organization
- Regularly deliver programs for sensitizing employee on local norms, culture and inclusion practices
- Improve employee engagement levels
- Build a winning culture
- Recognize and minimize unconscious bias
- Understand the dimensions of diversity relevant to the organization, it’s employees, customers and industry.
- Promote psychological safety of all employees across teams
- Examine and develop strategies for implementing ethical standards
- Excellent project management skills
- Expert level proficiency English with excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Expert level problem solving skills
- Robust understanding of HR policies and statutory requirements related to workforce management
- Proven ability to influence and build trusting relationships
- Professional certification like Diversity and Inclusion Champion Certification
- (Any established training designed to develop the competencies needed to for consulting, managing, leading and training on cultural diversity and inclusion)
- Postgraduate degree or diploma in Management, Psychology or Mass Communication