(Saturday) 8:00 am - 11:00 am IST
Via Zoom Conference
What is Competency Mapping? Competency Mapping is a process to identify key competencies for an organization or a job and incorporating these competencies in various processes of the organization. A competency
What is Competency Mapping?
Competency Mapping is a process to identify key competencies for an organization or a job and incorporating these competencies in various processes of the organization. A competency is defined as a behavior (i.e. communication, leadership) rather than a skill or ability.
By conceiving the required competencies, defining a competency framework, mapping existing skills and competencies of the employees, identifying gaps and then developing the competencies can provide a systematic and measurable method for developing organizational capability.
According to Boyatzis (1982) “Competency Mapping is a capacity that exists in a person that leads to behaviour that meets the job demands within parameters of organizational environment, and that, in turn brings about desired results.”
The process of competency mapping enables us to articulate what every employee brings to the table and the process greatly contributes towards job-evaluation, recruitment, training and development, performance management, internal mobility and succession planning.
Competency Mapping can help you with:
- A competency-based approach allows an organization to understand its capabilities and the gaps it is exposed to. A competency-based approach allows it to fine tune all HR related downstream activities.
- Recruitment becomes more focused and the specific competencies required become clear.
- Talent Management becomes easier with the skills being defined clearly and the behaviours employees are to be assessed on.
- Learning and Development and Organizational Development become easier.
- A competency framework makes it easier for organizations to plan, strategize and implement to optimize overall organizational capabilities.
Why Competency Mapping?
In short, Competency Mapping is a fundamental activity which drives capability development in an organization and helps it to be more strategic than its competitors.
Application of Competency Mapping
- Identifying the performance gaps
- Applying in HR process like recruitment and selection, job evaluation and performance management
- Developing balanced performance appraisal system for development results and change management
- Designing an assessment centre to evaluate and enhance the performance
- Understanding ways to integrate your performance review system with the training plan of the organization
About Competency Mapping Certification Program
The Program is one of its kind designed and delivered by industry veterans. The program is delivered virtually and includes a blended approach. This certification will also allow participants to partake in live projects, basis availability of the same.
Who should get certified?
- Human Resource professionals
- Learning & Organization Development Experts
- Individuals involved in performance management
- Professionals who have taken on training role within their department
- Professionals who are involved in hiring process
- Access to Learning Management System (LMS)
- 1-year complimentary access to the Digital Library
- Assignments and worksheets on the LMS
Rs 36,000.00 (exclusive of tax)