“Women are the real architects of society” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
Financial independence is one of the most empowering things. With women increasingly contributing in greater numbers to the workforce in our country, financial independence has become critical. While the basics of managing money are gender neutral, women do face some unique challenges. Women have different values and goals. What women have in common is a desire for being independent and secure when they work with money.
The Golden Purse program is about understanding money and knowing how to work with one self and one’s family to make the best of the financial resources we have. The program is designed to enable women to meet their financial goals, improve their financial knowledge and create an awareness about investment options to enable participants to critically analyze financial decisions.
This intervention is designed to enable women to manage finances better and create an awareness on financial issues.
- Do you find it challenging to deal with personal finances?
- Do you wish to create a safe financial future for yourself and your family?
- Do you struggle with investment decisions?
- Do you rely on people around you for all financial decisions?
- Do you want to take better financial decisions?
- Do you still invest only in the traditional savings schemes?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then Strengthscape’s Golden Purse program is just for you!
Golden Purse is aimed at improving awareness among women to empower them to take informed financial decisions.
Golden Purse is an experiential training that uses online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Golden Purse teaches women how to manage finances. This intervention increases effectiveness in financial decision-making.
- Increase self-awareness by understanding your role in various aspects of life
- Create specific and clear financial goals for yourself
- Improve your decision making ability in terms of financial planning
- Create a financial plan for yourself that caters to short-term and long-term goals.
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment is reaffirmed.|
|Women’s Dilemmas||Understand the role of money in a women’s life. Complexities of various roles a woman plays and the influence of relationships in understanding the role of money.|
|Matching Life Graph & Career Graph||Plan customized strategy that takes advantage of their unique combination of personal situation, skills, abilities, and resources. Planning for life events related to personal goals and family priorities.|
|Ethics, Myths & Moanings||Bust money myths. Arrive at a practical view of money.|
|Goal Setting||Set realistic financial goals.|
|Investment Principles and Journey||Learn how to avoid emotional financial decisions.|
|Financial Planning||Explore financial options available and create a personal financial plan.|