Although various authoring tools and techniques are accessible nowadays, Adobe Captivate 9– launched three years back has now become the most popular and adored tool among the designers of e-learning. This is because of the range of features and versatility it offers. Adobe Captivate 9 helps in creating interactive courses along with responsive designing.
Here we are going to discuss on the astounding features that this tool offers to enhance the instructional design.
- Accessible on all devices
- Various learners now prefer to acquire their e-learning programs on mobile phones, which in turn has led to the importance of generating responsive design. This tool offers features to develop the responsive programs to run on the mobile devices. While accessing the course on a tablet or smartphone, the page layout fits the size of the screen and the device resolution on which it is being accessed. Thus, you do not require to separately design the course for your tablet, laptop or your mobile phone.
- Adobe Captivate Draft
- This splendid feature of Adobe Captivate 9 helps in easy storyboarding. In the conventional method of storyboarding, one was required to develop storyboard in a tool and then create the course with the help of an authoring tool for e-learning. This used to involve additional time, efforts and resources. By using Adobe Captivate Draft, one can directly frame a storyboard in authoring tool by making use of the e-learning question slides, branching abilities and objects.
- Geo-location services
- This special feature helps in detecting the learner’s accurate information in order to deliver region-specific online content. It is highly useful, particularly when there is a need for customized employees training on the basis of location of the employees and a uniform e-learning experience is to be delivered to learners spread worldwide.
- Integration in Multimedia
- Adobe Captivate 9 also comes with several interactive elements. There are innumerous multimedia tools for using, from screen casting and screen capture in High Definition to scenario branching and audio synchronization. This feature of integration also offers text-to speech- abilities, text-audio captions and zoom pan support. Thus, the e-learning courses become highly efficient and interactive.
- Assessment Quizzing
- This version of Adobe Captivate also allows the learners a pre test before they actually commence the course. It helps the learners to decide on which module to take on the basis of result of the pretest. This helps in getting the best out of their courses.
After completion of the module, the learners again need to go through a quiz to track a record on their progress. It also includes a ‘knowledge check questions’ feature to access whether the learners are moving on their track or not.
These are some of the amazing Adobe Captivate 9 features that will help you enhance your courses of e-learning. Adobe constantly continues to upgrade it’s captivate tool features so that the learners undergo a great experience while designing their courses. The Adobe Captivate community always comes up with innovative features and solutions to make Adobe more and more better.