Employee engagement refers to the degree to which employees are passionate about their work and are dedicated towards the work. Engaged employees go extra mile for their organization’s success. Engaged employees are committed to their organization and perform their best not only because they are paid but because organization invest in them emotionally also.
Employee engagement has become an important indicator for measuring employee satisfaction within the organization. Employees today are not looking for a 9-5 job as they want to get involved in their work and in organization’s decisions.
A research with over 500 employees shows that more than 71% managers says that employee engagement is one of the most important factor in any companies success but only 33% of the employees says that they feel engaged with their organization.
Employee engagement training is very important for managers and leaders who help employees to be committed towards organizations goals and objectives.
Here are some of the benefits of employee engagement training
- Engaged employees has a sense of ownership that drives them to be effective and innovative
- Engaged employees are more productive
- Organizations who focus on employee engagement has higher employee retention
- Engaged employees helps to create a healthy culture within the organization
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Engaged employees are financially and emotionally independent
- Creating an engaging work environment
- Engaged employees are better communicator
- Engaged employee helps to create organizations brand
Training and development opportunities for employees is vitally important in increasing employee engagement. Employees feel motivated in an environment that leads to their individual growth in the form of knowledge and skills. Employees feel valued when organizations spend on employee’s overall development which therefore motivate employees to achieve organizations objectives. Engaging employees should be practiced at all the organizations and all the levels of hierarchy and should be followed on regular basis in order to achieve organization’s long-term objective.
Engagement is an emotional connect which employees feels for his organization. Training will help organizations to create engaging and motivating workforce that wants to succeed. In order to be effective, training should include the following
- Defining employee engagement and its importance for organizations and employees
- Organization strategies to create an engaged workplace environment
- Current level of employee engagement within the organization and future approach to achieve high level of engagement
- Employee engagement steps and process
- Understanding the importance of engagement in terms of long-term career growth and opportunities
- Identifying employees needs to make them motivated and happy
- Identify activities that cause disengagement within the employees
There are many factors which can directly or indirectly influence employee engagement such as- organizational culture, managerial style, type of job and level of communication within the organization. HR professionals and managers play an important role in employee engagement initiatives and level of success these initiatives achieve.
Creating an environment where employees feel engaged is very important for any organization.
We can’t understate the importance of employee engagement as they have help to increase customer focus, increase employee’s productivity, reduces staff turnover, helps to achieve higher growth and revenue. Most importantly engaged employees are happier one’s. They feel fun at work and have an energy and enthusiasm in everything they do at workplace and in their personal lives.