Learning and development is important for an organization’s success. Continuous investment in training provides all the employees to expand their knowledge base however many organizations view learning and development as a cost centre. Basic psyche that goes behind training is that the employees who are attending it are missing out on business hours which may delay the completion of tasks and projects. They fail to understand the benefits that make the cost and time invested worth the while. The return on such investments is really a no brainer.
Here are some of the benefits of learning or training and development one can foresee:
- Employees who receive the necessary training are able to perform better than those who haven’t. The learning gives armour to the employees to perform their jobs better and hence improve their performance and productivity
- Investment in training and development help employees realizes that they are valued by the organization. Employees who feel appreciated and valued through training are likely to feel more satisfied towards their jobs
- Learning and development helps employees in addressing weaknesses by analyzing them and then developing programs that will help them in improving those weaknesses
- Consistent up-skilling of the employees fosters creativity and hence innovative ideas
Therefore it is pretty clear that training does help in retaining employees and has a direct impact on the bottom line. With this understanding, let us dig deeper on learning and development. To conduct any training program, one must have training material.
Training material involves:
- Presentation: While looking to conduct training, it is important to have a presentation visually delineate the learning nuggets. The presentation set contains the key content of the training program. This presentation should have the agenda, learning objectives, and the content for each topic. It will be used while running the training program and helps in structuring the entire program.
- Instructor Guide: If you are someone who is curating the program by yourself for your employees then this may not be necessary. However if you are wishing to buy the training material from a third party like Strengthscape, you may want to make sure that it comes with an instructor guide. Instructor guide is a guide for any trainer which gives specific instructions to conduct the training program. It has elements like say, ask and do which helps in giving specific instructions for each slide of the main presentation
- Workbook: As the name suggests, it is a workbook for the participants which can either be used during the training program to capture participant’s insights and observations or be used post training as a reflection notes for the participants to sustain the learning. It contains brief description of each topic covered in the program along with the activities conducted and provides spaces where participant can take notes.
Strengthscape, as an organization, has well curated training materials for a variety of topics that are ready to use for any training program. The whole training material is curated by the team of experts. To know more, get in touch with them at email@example.com or call at 9740001600.