Business Analytics: Improving Business through Data Analysis
Business analytics is about taking a fact-based approach to decision making by applying a set of techniques and processes to analyse data. The aim of this data analysis is to improve business performance. The approach used in business analytics is a subset of business intelligence which creates opportunities for organizations to compete in the ecosystem. High performance is directly proportional to analytical skills among employees in the organization. Additionally, organizations should have enough data and information to make decisions. Unfortunately, 59% of organizations do not have that information.
Business Analytics – Improving Business through Data Analysis is designed to enable organizations to use the right methods in data analysis and decision making.
- Do you find it difficult to take a data-based approach?
- Do you want to use reliable methods to analyse data and processes within the organization?
- Do you want to apply analytical tools to solve problems and make decisions in your organization?
- Do you want to know the areas in which you can apply analytical tools?
- Do you wish to speed up the performance of your business and overall organization?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Business Analytics: Improving Business through Data Analysis is just for you
The focus of the program is to help leaders and managers understand the importance of taking a data- and fact-based approach to improve business performance. Also, the program is going to empower the leaders and managers to improve the organization’s competitive performance by using sophisticated business analytics methods.
Business Analytics – Improving Business through Data Analysis is based on experiential learning using blend of text, graphics, images and videos along with online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. This approach will lead to a holistic learning and development of the employees in Business Analytics.
- Define the importance of taking an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Understand the role of business analytics within an organization.
- Analyse data using statistical methods to decipher the underlying business processes of an organization.
- Apply analytical tools for decision making.
- Assess the use of analytics in business – general management, customer requirement, marketing & finance, operations and supply chain management.
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Expectation setting and gaining buy-in for learning|
|Analytics in Problem Solving||Defining an analytical approach and explaining how it can influence problem solving. Identifying common terms used in analytics.|
|Importance of Business Analytics||Understanding the benefits of knowing and applying business analytics. Focusing on relevance in the industry.|
|Statistical Methods in Business Analytics||Knowing about Basic statistics, Regression and Exploratory Data Analysis that can help in analyzing large amounts of data.|
|Analytical tools in Decision Making||Introduction to various analytical tools like R Programming language, Python, SAS, Excel and Apache Spark. Focus will be on their features and application in problem solving and decision making.|
|Application of Analytics in Business segments||Applying business analytics to various functions like general management, customer requirement, marketing & finance, operations and supply chain management.|