Business Storytelling – Inspiring People through Stories
As a child, we have all experienced and enjoyed storytelling. We used to listen to our grandparents and parents with a keen ear. We used to immerse ourselves in books. Till date, we carry along those stories as a guiding light for ourselves and others. A well-told story can make the best impression. Business storytelling is about knitting facts and information in the form of a story for better retention of information. It inspires people, makes them pay attention to what leaders and managers are saying, keeps them informed and can result in great interpersonal and organizational effectiveness.
Business Storytelling – Inspiring People through Stories is designed to enable organizations and its members to master the art of storytelling in a business and organizational context.
- Do you find it difficult to gain attention of your listeners?
- Do you want to learn the science of storytelling and know how our brain is wired to stories?
- Do you want to apply the art of storytelling to your business?
- Do you want to learn how to extract stories from data and convey important messages in an engaging manner?
- Do you wish to learn storytelling for all functions or areas of your business?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Business Storytelling – Inspiring People through Stories is just for you.
The focus of the program is to help leaders and managers understand the importance of storytelling when managing teams and when spearheading an organization. The program empowers leaders and managers with a tool that is never bound to fail and is proven to have 100 percent effectiveness on the business.
Business Storytelling – Inspiring People through Stories is based on experiential learning using blend of text, graphics, images and videos along with online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. This approach will lead to a holistic learning and development of participants in Business Storytelling.
- Define the importance of storytelling in a business context
- Understand the neural basis of and the science behind storytelling
- Identify the types of stories, narratives and basic plots
- Relate with the different elements of a story
- Learn how to structure a story
- Apply storytelling when taking a data-based approach
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Expectation setting and gaining buy-in for learning|
|Storytelling in Business||Defining why storytelling plays an active role in business and how it can be beneficial|
|Neuroscience of Storytelling||Understand how are brain is wired to stories|
|Types of Stories, Narratives, Plots||Knowing about the 5 types of stories, 9 narrative forms and 7 basic plots|
|Story Elements||Relate with the three elements of story – theme, character and conflict|
|Structuring a story||Learn how to structure a story – the 3 acts|
|Application of Storytelling in Business||Applying storytelling in the business context irrespective of the area of business. Learn how to tell stories with data.|