Campus to Corporate – Setting priorities and building career
The shift from a carefree and playful college setup to the formal functioning of organizational environment could be huge. The freshers have to adapt to the new environment, understand its functioning and tackle the demands. The grades will fetch attention at the start but in long run the ability to apply that knowledge effectively is critical. It is not just the technical skills that would aid in adjusting to the professional setup but soft skills training is crucial. Being time bound and efficient, developing the team player quality and adhering to the norms are all essential to stamp a personal value in the organization.
- Do you find it difficult to adjust to the new organizational environment?
- Would you like to develop a good relationship with the team mates?
- Is there a difficulty in understanding the organization practices?
- Do you like to understand your strengths and weakness?
- Do you want to make yourself comfortable in the new environment?
- Do you wish to successfully learn business communication?
- Do you like to learn proper corporate etiquette?
- Do you wish to develop an adaptive attitude and be successful in your new venture?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Campus to Corporate – Setting priorities and building career is just for you
The main focus of the program is to help newcomers adapt to the culture and develop and exhibit their skillset. Learning to produce quality work and perform effectively both individually and as a team. Aiding in understanding the organization’s mission and norms and to exhibit professionalism.
Campus to Corporate – Setting priorities and building career is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, program connects and bridges gap between the college to work transition.
- Gaining a perspective on important work place skills
- Being able to adapt oneself to the shift
- Understanding the importance of being a team player
- Knowing personal strengths and weakness
- Learning to be confident and to express one’s skills
- Understanding the essentialness of managing time
- Developing proper communication skills
- Identifying how to prioritize tasks
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Essentials of proper communication||Learning to pick up cues from verbal and non-verbal communication and also to express oneself appropriately. Managing tone and developing listening skills.|
|Presentation skills- dimension of communication||Learning the presentation skills, 5 P’s, importance of visual aids, art of public speaking and effectively, addressing questions and objections.|
|Interpersonal skills||Knowing the value of team functioning and managing relationships. Team building process, developing trust and coordination within the team.|
|Conflict Management||The art of negotiating, being assertive and conflict management.|
|Playing with time||Understanding the importance of prioritization and strategies of time management. Impact of procrastination on time management.|
|Global etiquette||Understand etiquette followed in the organization and how to display proper etiquette, grooming and making good impression.|
|Goal setting||Understand SMART goals, importance of aligning personal goals with mission statement, and ways of formulating and visualizing the goal.|
|Organizational Culture||Every organization has their own codes and culture. Learning about organization practices and being sensitive to differences are crucial.|
|Case study||To ensure that participants have got hang of the concept case studies are presented for discussion.|