Conflict management – Uncovering Convergence in Chaos
Conflict is native to all social life. One cannot really escape conflicts and neither one should because productive conflict can be useful. If conflicts are not resolved, it can lead to job dissatisfaction, reduced group cohesiveness, and increased turn-over rate. Conflict management is not about terminating conflicts. It is about limiting the negative effects of conflict and increasing its positive influence. Strengthscape’s Conflict Management: Uncovering Convergence in Chaos program is designed to enable participants to recognize and handle various conflicts in the most effective way and produce win-win strategies through creative solutions.
- Do you often fail to recognize conflicts at its initial stage?
- Do you want to learn the strategies to identify the root cause of conflicts?
- Would you like to learn different skills and techniques to handle conflict effectively?
- Do you want to be assertive?
- Do you want to strike win-win solutions?
- Do cultural differences become a challenge for you?
- Do you want to resolve conflicts and re-establish smooth functioning?
- Do you want to be aware of tried-and-tested methods of conflict management?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Conflict Management: Uncovering Convergence in Chaos is just for you
People Managers need to be one step ahead in identifying conflicts in the team and nipping it in the bud to avoid potential damage. This program prepares people managers to spot areas of conflict and learn handy skills and techniques which can be used to manage conflict situations.
Conflict Management: Uncovering Convergence in Chaos is an experiential training that uses online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. It also makes use of a psychometric behavioural assessment named Productive Conflict Profile that makes managers aware of how their behavioural style influences conflict situations.
- Understand the importance of productive conflict in teams
- Discover one’s behavioural style and its role in productive conflict
- Examine ways to facilitate and promote productive conflict and cohesiveness in one’s team
- Locate conflicts at an emerging stage
- Identify drivers of conflict and different strategies to resolve it
- Demonstrate the ability to manage conflicts with tact and diplomacy
- Enhance one’s negotiation skills in conflict situations
- Appraise personal effectiveness through successful conflict management
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Round-robin introductions and expectation setting.|
|Productive Conflict Profile||Understanding one’s DiSC style and making conflicts productive.|
|Building Cohesive Teams||Identifying healthy and unhealthy behaviors during conflicts and making teams cohesive.|
|Models of Conflict Management||Being aware of some popular approaches or models to manage conflicts.|
|Circle Models of Conflict Resolution||Identify the drivers of conflict and effective strategies to manage them. Activity-driven discussion to apply the Circle Mode.|
|Conflict Management Skills||Developing skills to manage conflicts effectively.|
|Create an Action Plan||A personalised approach based on “start-stop-continue” paradigm to create an action plan for managing conflicts in teams.|