Crisis management – Be the lifeboat
Effective Crisis Management is necessary for any successful organization. Crisis situations are unpredictable and unavoidable. If organizations are not backed by established preventive measures, then it will lead to heavy loss both in terms of finance and human resources. Just a comprehensive Business Continuity Management System is not sufficient to overcome crisis.
Managing crisis is equally a behavioural skill. Therefore, leaders and managers must be adept to provide their teams with a safety cushion to confront and overcome crisis. If managed properly, crisis can be an opportunity and not a danger.
- Does identifying the areas of crisis vulnerability becomes a challenge?
- Does it become difficult to communicate with all stakeholders during a crisis situation?
- Does it get difficult to deal with grapevines in your team?
- Does your team lack preparation for any crisis?
- Do you want to know the effective measures to overcome crisis?
- Do you want to improve your decision-making skills in ambiguous situations?
- Do you want to enhance the ability to think on the feet during a crisis?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Crisis Management- Be the Lifeboat is just for you
The Crisis Management program aims at empowering managers to proactively deal with unpredictability. This is done by training them in skills like Effective Team Building, motivating subordinates and dealing with ambiguity to promote crisis management behaviours. These along with a BCMS framework will help to efficaciously manage difficult situations both pre- and post- crisis.
Crisis Management is an experiential training that uses online pre-work, interactive activities, role play, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. It connects different dimensions of crisis management and help managers to generate powerful action plans for crisis management.
- Identify vulnerabilities of the team to prevent crisis
- Construct strategies to deal with crisis situations
- Recognize various types of crisis and measures to deal with them
- Understand how to communicate with key stakeholders to contain damage
- Formulate ideas to increase the morale and confidence of the team
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Round-robin introductions and setting expectations.|
|Understanding Crisis||Difference between risk, issue and crisis. Introduction to Crisis and its types.|
|Crisis Management||Activity-driven discussion and application of the Five C’s Model of effective crisis management.|
|Identifying Roles and Responsibilities||Understanding proactive roles and responsibilities of the manager and the team when dealing with crisis effectively.|
|Crisis Management Skills||Developing skills essential for CM like problem solving, motivating subordinates and effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders.|
|Creating an action plan||What new to start? What to stop? What has to be continued?|