Cultural Diversity – Thinking Independently Together
The world has shrunk and is now globally connected. Gone are the days when people from same background worked together in a workplace. Today with global economies and multinational corporations people work in a culturally diverse environment. It has therefore become essential to adapt to changing conditions and comfortably work in a multi-cultural environment.
Do you ever find yourself trying to figure the reason for difference in opinion within your team? Or to understand another person’s perspective? The reason behind it is cultural differences in individuals. To survive in the competitive forum and to stand out from others it is essential to gel to the changing practices and to collaborate with people from varied backgrounds
- Do you find it difficult to understand the reason behind differences in opinion?
- Would you like to form a good relation with the colleagues and clients from diverse cultural backgrounds?
- Is there a difficulty in understanding diverse cultural practices?
- Do you like to understand communication differences in different cultures?
- Do you want to make yourself comfortable in a multi-cultural environment?
- Do you wish to successfully tackle issues that arise due to cultural differences?
- Would you like to learn proper global etiquette?
- Do you struggle with striking a balance between recognizing differences and not treating people differently?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Cultural Diversity – Thinking Independently Together is just for you.
The main focus of the program is to help employees understand the importance of being culture sensitive and understand the differences in one’s beliefs and values. Gaining a perspective of this would enable employees to function effectively in a culturally diverse environment in collaboration with others.
Cultural Diversity – Thinking Independently Together is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, the program connects cultural diversity with collaborative functioning to promote personal growth. The program will make executives aware of cultural differences to become comfortable in a diverse environment.
- Gaining a perspective on importance of being sensitive to cultural differences
- Being able to value people
- Understanding the importance of respecting differences
- Knowing the different practices in a different culture and country
- Learning to be confident in different social settings
- Understanding how to deal with diversity effectively
- Being able to develop proper relation with team mates and clients
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Three component of Culture||Understanding the various factors relating to culture and knowing the three step math: norms, values and beliefs.|
|Dimensions of Diversity||Gaining a perspective of the primary and secondary dimensions of diversity.|
|Inclusion Goals||Understand the importance and strategies for inclusion.|
|Personal style||Guides audience how to have a personal style through proper conversations and mannerisms and to create a self-branding that is global in nature.|
|Benefits of inclusion||The different benefits to the organization and even for individuals to have an inclusive multi-diverse environment are addressed.|
|Global etiquette||Information about various etiquette followed in different culture and country and how to manage global etiquette.|
|Cultural Competencies||Strengthening the ability to respond effectively and appropriately to different cultural/generational contexts in the workplace.|
|Impediments to cross cultural communication||Speaks about various barriers in cross cultural communication: Irrational Assumptions, Misunderstanding, Prejudice, and Fear.|
|Concept of FAIR in diversity||Enabling participant to understand the context using acronym FAIR, as helps better remembrance.|
|Case study||To ensure that participants have got hang of the concept case studies are presented for discussion.|