Demand and Supply Management: Hit the Right Note
There are several ways in which the service sector is different from manufacturing sector. But what remains common is the need to balance demand and supply. The actual management of demand and supply varies too since the products and services are completely different and therefore their management has to be different too. While the service sector ia bout the immediacy of demand and supply. The manufacturing sector has to optimize the supply with the cost of inventory. The fluctuation in the demands of both goods and services either creates an idle period or an unmanageable rush. So the managers have to “chase demand” and “level capacity”. Managing demand and supply is about these two strategies. But not always. There are other techniques too to manage them. This session is designed to know them, apply them, and evaluate them to expand your business.
- Do you worry about the decrease in demand over time?
- Or are you overwhelmed with the demand when don’t have enough supply?
- Does competitors’ growth make you doubt your company’s progress?
- Do you believe in smart work over hard work?
- Would you like to expand your supply and create a demand for your offerings?
- Do you think promoting your business is not important?
- Do you think your employees are not cooperative enough to attain the demand-supply balance?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Demand and Supply Management: Hit the Right Note.
The objective of the program is to learn how to create the balance between demand and supply. This is not easy in any industry. There are several reasons for this issue. We help you identify each one it and enable you to come up with the best solutions to these issues.
Demand and Supply Management: Hit the Right Note is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Our dedicated 8 hours programme guarantees you an experienced facilitator, numerous insights and invaluable knowledge for effective business decisions.
- Understand market and competitors
- Learn how to strike a right balance between demand and supply
- Identify the importance of quality on demand and supply
- Assess capacity constraints
- Evaluate the popular strategies used in demand-supply management
- Understand principles of forecasting and inventory management
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Overview of the session and buy-in for learning.|
|Gen Next traits||Gaining a perspective of the traits and the capabilities of the new generation and how this could help the organization.|
|Managing Demand; Managing Demand during high demand||Understand and identify strategies to manage demand in regular periods and when there is high demand.|
|Managing Demand during Low Demand||Gain insight on increasing non-peak demand and impact of not doing so.|
|Managing Supply Constraints||Learn supply/capacity constraints faced in service in the industry. Create a solution to manage supply/ capacity constraints.|
|Managing Supply during high demand||Learn about capacity building during high demand to meet the needs.|
|Managing Supply During Low Demand||Identify impact of low demand and optimizing resources during low demand.|
|Market analysis||Carry out competitor and customer analysis to better understand the market and identify market trends.|
|Forecasting & Inventory Management||Learn about effective and accurate forecasting methods for forecasting demand. Create effective inventory management systems to build optimum inventory to enable supply and balance cost.|
|Alternate views||Learn creative methods for managing demand and supply when traditional methods don’t work.|
|Yield Management||Building right type of capacity to the right kind of customer at the right price in order to maximize income.|