“You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and courage”- Gabby Douglas
Even though getting promoted to a higher position is always a thing of happiness, it is filled with confusions, doubts and uncertainties.
- What am I supposed to do?
- What do they expect from me?
- Will I be a good at this new role?
- What if I am a complete stranger?
Questions are many. But as everyone knows if one puts the right amount of effort anyone can be good at it. When there is a clear idea of what to be done and how to done, cracking the puzzle is simple.
- Are you someone who recently got promoted as a manager?
- Is the thought of being a new manager exciting as well as scary to you?
- Are you filled with a number of questions about your new role?
- Would you like to learn the responsibilities of your new role in the workplace?
- Do you doubt yourself as a successful manager?
- Would you like to know what kind of manager would you make and how successful you would be?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Demystifying Management- Getting it Straight is just for you.
The main focus of this training programme is to clear the doubts and myths about the role of managers to those who were recently promoted as a manager. We help them to solve all the uncertainties and doubtful thoughts by providing them with knowledge on the most important aspects of being a successful manager.
Demystifying Management- Getting it Straight is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, program helps the learners to get a clear understanding about the duties of expectations from a manger.
- Develop a clear and in depth understanding about the duties of expectations from manager.
- Analyze the self to know the personal management style.
- Compile the experience and expectations as an individual contributor to develop a strategy to be better at being a new manager.
- Formulate a detailed tool to measure success.
- Identify the most effective feedback system for the organization.
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introduction||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed|
|Knowing the Manager in You||This is the stage each participant gets to know the style of leadership each one possesses. This is done with the help of making use of exercises and questionnaires. The facilitator gives tips on how to be a successful manager by staying in one’s own comfort zone.|
|Goal Setting||The process of goal setting is not the same for an individual contributor and a manager. The elements to be looked into are more for a manager. Hence there is a need to unlearn the existing goal setting style and learn a new one.|
|Coaching||This session talks about the role of a manager as a coach and a mentor. It focuses on understanding the expectations of an employee from the manager.|
|The Art of Feedback||The new managers stumble upon the idea of feedback. Giving constructive feedback and receiving feedback and using it for improvement are skills that are difficult to but not impossible to master.|
|Measure Success||The five factors to be included while evaluating oneself as a manager are touched upon this session. It is also discussed in detailed how each factor can be measured.|