Emotional Intelligence – Being mindful & aware
It is quite common to have an assumption that emotional intelligence doesn’t have a role in an organizational setup. Have you experienced emotional outbursts on some days? How does emotional intelligence help us? Don’t we all like to control our emotions and exhibit more socially accepted behaviours? Don’t we love to understand others emotions? Emotional intelligence training comes as a saviour. It helps in being more empathetic and considerate thus leading to more functional and productive work environment. Emotional Intelligence is not just to guard oneself from negative emotions but also to create a positive emotional environment.
- Do you find it difficult to understand the reason behind certain behaviour of others?
- Do you like to form a good relation with the colleagues and clients?
- Is there a difficulty in understanding your own emotions?
- Do you like to gain a deeper perspective of underlying emotional triggers?
- Do you want to make yourself to be enthusiastic about tasks intrinsically?
- Do you wish to successfully tackle emotional issues and exhibit good social skills?
- Do you like to regulate your emotions and be aware of their impact on others?
- Would you like to learn how to effective manage emotions of others for mutually beneficial outcomes?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Emotional Intelligence – Being mindful & aware is just for you.
The main focus of the program is to help leaders understand the integral role of emotional intelligence in handling self and employees. Gaining a perspective of this would enable them to exhibit more empathetic approach, which creates a positive environment making workers contribute beyond their abilities.
Emotional Intelligence – Being mindful & aware is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience.
EMOTONS- This test provides norm-based EQ scores. Monitors social desirability. The objective is to measure candidates’ and employees’ ability to understand their own emotions and their capacity to establish harmonious working relationships with others.
- Understand emotions felt and expressed by self
- Label the triggers and indulge in in-depth exploration of emotions
- Apply techniques to express feelings in a subtle and suitable way
- Understand importance of motivating self and others in order to excel
- Learning to be empathetic to others
- Understanding to deal with differences
- Being able to develop effective relationships
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Emphasis on emotional intelligence||Introduction to the topic, understanding all have different personalities, different wants and needs, and different ways of showing emotions.|
|Daniel Goleman’s model||Gaining a perspective of the model of emotional intelligence proposed by Daniel Goleman.|
|Major areas of focus||Self-Assertion: Learn how to stand up for self in social and professional lives.
Personal Development: Understand individual's perception of him/herself and his/her surrounding environment.
Intra-personal Intelligence: Learn the ability to adapt. Flexible and adaptable people always take into account the context they're in when expressing themselves
|Self-awareness||Identify personal triggers. Participants think about emotions in depth and understand the triggers and their own reactions to the situation. They also reflect on the consequences of their actions/reactions.|
|Self-management||Understand and identify interpersonal differences in emotion management.|
|Emotional triggers in people||Understand what triggers strong emotional out bursts in people we work with ‐ especially the ones we find difficult to get along with.|
|Empathy||Experience how to understand other’s view point, looking from their sand are discussed.|
|Motivation||Answer questions like what one’s motivators are, do they do enough to motivate themselves and the people around, if yes - how, if no - how to stay motivated?||Assertiveness||Identify differences between arrogance and assertiveness and ways to implement.||Adaptability||Essentials of being able to gel and work under different circumstances and with different people.||Factors influencing emotions||Understand various factors that influence everyday emotion’s and briefs on ways to deal with it effectively.||Case study||Experience emotional intelligence first-hand with an interactive and engaging case study.|