Everything DiSC Management De-Brief – Half-day
People Management is a critical skill for success in the corporate world today. The shift from individual contributor to people manager is a significant one and requires new competencies to be developed.
A manager is required to work effectively through the team and ensure that teams are aligned to organizational goals. People management is all about leveraging strengths of the team, keeping them motivated and ensuring development of team members. But it is not just teams, customer and leader relationships need to be handled effectively as well.
But this critical skill is not an easy one because people are different. Each person has unique skills, beliefs, values and emotions and a manager needs to effectively manage all these!
- Do you find it difficult to manage diverse team members?
- Do you wish to create a high-performing and harmonious team?
- Is there a difficulty to direct and delegate effectively?
- Would you like to understand different behavioral priorities to help you manage your teams better?
- Do you struggle to connect with some team members more than others?
- Would you like to learn how to motivate and develop team members?
- Do you struggle to strike a balance between people and tasks?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Everything DiSC Management is just for you.
The Half-day de-brief session on Everything DiSC Management is based on the assessment by John Wiley. The session uses individual assessment results to provide a wealth of information about the management priorities and preferences of each participant. In addition, participants also learn how to connect better with people whose priorities are different from their own.
The Half-day de-brief session on Everything DiSC Management is an experiential session based on the Everything DiSC Management assessment. Through engaging individual and group activities, the session will enhance self-awareness of the participants about their management style, create an understanding of their behavioral strengths and challenges and enable managers to work effectively with diverse team members.
- Recognize own behavioural priorities to enhance self-awareness
- Match self-knowledge with objective narrative of the Everything DiSC Management profile
- Learn to classify behavioural priorities into 4 DiSC styles
- Employ the knowledge of DiSC styles to spot the behavioural priorities of team members
- Employ the knowledge of DiSC to adapt behaviour for effectiveness through:
- Direct and delegate effectively
- Motivate team members
- Develop others
- Manage upwards
|Session Name||Duration||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||15 min||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Iceberg Model||30 min||Differentiating between stable and adaptable behavior, aptitude and attitude. Understanding behavioral competencies.|
|Behavioral Styles||60 min||Understanding management styles and behavioral tendencies. Identifying the 4 dimensions and attributes of the DiSC quadrants. Understand DiSC attributes with the DiSC game.|
|Report Reading||45 min||Participants learn how to interpret their DiSC reports and gain personal insights on their managerial priorities.|
|Directing & Delegating||30 min||Participants learn to flex their style to delegate into the style of the team member. Learn the steps to effective delegation.|
|Motivating & Developing||30 min||Participants learn about motivators and stress or of different styles. Learn to flex their style to resonate with the style of the team member.|
|Managing Upwards||30 min||Participants learn how to manage their managers and other critical stakeholders based on their behavioral priorities.|