Gender diversity – Talent Lies in Differences
Gender diversity is ensured in a workplace when both men and women are equally treated, promoted and accepted. It is attained when an employee is judged based not on his sex, but on his performance, talents and skills and when his gender is ignored. Gender diversity is not only for the employees. The diverse perspectives and viewpoints emerging from the diverse workforce will benefit the organization as well. But the barriers are many. Gender biases are the first and foremost. The wage disparity, difficulty to balance work and personal lives, and the gender roles assigned to each makes diversifying the organization a difficult task. This training program will help organizations to increase workplace effectiveness but managing the difficulties that arise due to gender diversity within the organization.
- Does the presence of an opposite sex colleague make meetings and projects uncomfortable?
- Have you pondered upon your thoughts and attitude towards the opposite sex?
- Do you want to make a difference in the work place about the way the two sexes are treated?
- Do you wish to successfully tackle issues due to gender differences in your workplace?
- Are you of the opinion that gender diversity must be managed to increase workplace effectiveness?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Gender Diversity-Talent Lies in Differences program is just for you.
The programme focuses on training the employees to be more sensitive towards the other gender and respect differences. They will be trained to combat commonly believed stereotypes and given insight on the measures to promote gender equality in workplaces.
Gender Diversity is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. The most relevant components of gender equality will be taken care of using the best practices, teaching techniques and technological assistance.
- Know the importance of gender diversity in workplace
- Examine biases and stereotypes towards people of opposite gender
- Choose to work together as a team for the similarities and not for the difference
- Formulate the best practices to ensure equality
- Plan measure to manage and be aware of sexual harassment at workplace
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introduction||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed|
|Why Gender Diversity?||Discussion on the need and benefits of gender diversity.|
|Manage Biases||Brings into light the hidden biases, stereotypes and prejudices people tend to hold and tips to overcome them and look at world objectively.|
|Equity vs Equality||Focuses on how organizational policies can be applied to promote equity at work and respect for all genders.|
|Reinventing the Workplace||Gaining information on what every individual can do to ensure gender diversity in their workplace and reinvent the workpkace to enhance gender diversity.|
|Sexual Harassment||Empowering employees to manage and fight any kind of harassment based on gender, giving information on what to do when coming to know about an incident and how to prevent future instances.|
|Conclusion||A concluding session to ensure retention using videos, activities and a round of feedback.|