Influencing Skills – Getting your Way
For an organization to be successful it requires to influence people at different levels. It is the art of bringing people to a point to think from your way without forcing or arguing with them. It has become a required skill in this competitive environment for employees’ at all different levels. One needs to influence people at times to negotiate conditions, timings or price. Practising this art aids in creating a trust and unison way of functioning which leads to greater productivity and satisfaction.
- Do you find it difficult to influence others?
- Do you like to understand the dimensions of influencing?
- Is there a difficulty to see things from your view as well the others view?
- Do you like to understand where to focus your energies in influencing others?
- Do you want to identify your personal influencing strengths?
- Do you wish to create trust in your employees and customer?
- Do you like to manage internal and external clients more effectively?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Influencing Skills – Getting your Way is just for you.
The program focuses on helping employees and leaders improve their influencing skills by focusing on dynamics of influencing people, improving communication skills, learning to persuade, art of creating trust, key areas of skills development, and ability to view from other side enabling a better functioning.
Influencing Skills – Getting your Way is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Involves creating a customized plan for understanding varied dimensions of influencing and ways to improve it through real life case studies and personalized activities.
- Understanding the dynamics of influencing
- Expanding your sphere of influence
- Influencing when you have no direct authority
- Seeing your view and ‘their’ view
- Creating trust
- Knowing where to focus your energies
- Managing internal and external clients more effectively
- Identifying your personal influencing strengths
- Deal effectively with challenging behaviours to overcome resistance and inertia in others
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed. A brief introduction by the participants followed by which they will be asked about the audience whom they have to influence and negotiate with, so their particular needs could also be addressed in the due course|
|Defining influence||Understanding the three critical elements of influencing: leading the change, responding to feedback, and having a facilitative communication style. Also working with resistance to foster better result|
|Types of influencing and Dynamics of influencing||A very brief look at different influencing arenas and types of negotiations people may find themselves in. Talks also about overt and covert influencing Understanding how the dynamics of communication could help influencing others.|
|Viewing things differently||Learning about perceptions and how to manage different perceptions for effective influencing|
|Levers of influencing||The levers of influencing – Self-awareness, Flexing, Reciprocity, Authority, Scarcity, Commitment, Agreement & Likeability.|
|Aristotle’s five point plan||Going through the 5 steps given by Aristotle for persuasive argument.|
|Spheres of influence||Delegates got a chance to look at the sphere of people they can influence and see how they can grow this sphere. And if not, what measures they can take to influence the people they need to influence whether they know them or not.|
|Creating trust||Understanding how trust plays a greater role in influencing others and also viewing how to influence different people with different personalities effectively|
|Effectiveness of refining communication||Practice re-framing for effective communication to influence others.|
|Clarifications||Individuals are welcomed to provide feedback and clarify doubts.|