Influencing Skills – Leading Through Doing
As an effective leader, it is fundamental to be able to influence others to make what they envision a reality. Influencing skills have the ability to engage employees, amplify enthusiasm and increase productivity of the organization. Effective leaders don’t command. They inspire, lead and guide others. They tap the knowledge and skills of a group, promote a shared goal and draw out commitment to achieve result. Person with developed influencing skills considers broader context and is able to develop and communicate objectives and requirements effectively.
Strengthscape’s Influencing Skills – Leading Through Doing focuses on formulating a clear and accurate plan for influencing others and developing specific influencing strategies.
- Do you want to influence beyond your area of authority?
- Do you want to know the critical factors of influencing others?
- Do you want to expand your influencing power within the organization?
- Do you want to discover how influencing strategies help to build relationships?
- Do you want to enhance your ability to assess influencing situations, practice new skills using influencing behaviours and a build network?
- Is your influencing style having a negative impact on your employees?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Influencing Skills – Leading Through Doing is just for you
Participants will learn to analyse the role of influencing skills in leading others effectively, recognize the relationship between one’s natural emotions and influence, formulate a situation centric influence strategy, illustrate techniques to communicate effectively to influence others and gain insight into overcoming influence challenges through collaborative exercise.
Influencing Skills – Leading Through Doing is an experiential training that uses online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. The program is designed to help professionals become more influential, persuasive and successful in their workplace.
- Apply influencing strategies to network and foster collaborative relationships
- Achieve goals by establishing trust and cooperation
- Effectively handle challenging behaviours to overcome resistance in others
- Develop competence to influence and lead others effectively
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Influence like a Leader||Understand influence and its importance in leading a workplace, mapping the characteristics of influential people, looking out for opportunities for influence.|
|My Personal Impact||Understanding the power of one’s personal impact to confidently influencing others.|
|Exploring Influence||Influence in practice, analysing influence, trust and rapport, establishing a congruency between what is said and what is done.|
|Drivers and Motivation||Influencing through listening, understanding the importance of others’ perspective,addressing the needs of others.|
|Establishing Strategies for Influencing||Assessing a situation for influence, formulating strategies for influence, selecting appropriate strategies for a given situation.|
|Working with Resistance||Preserving control over situations, creating win-win solutions, handling questions, understanding the influencing cycle.|
|Communicating for Influencing||Initiating influential conversations, managing influential communication across organizational levels, impact of a powerful communicator.|
|Finding a Personal Influencing Style||Values of an influencer, discovering one’s preferred approach, action planning.|