Leaving a Legacy – Don’t leave a void, leave a legacy
Being a leader for years gives immense experience and knowledge. It is essential that a leader rightly applies them and ensures that he/she leaves a legacy not a void. Don’t we all like to leave behind something exceptional to be remembered by? Leaders should ensure that they are remembered for something valuable and that their legacy is useful for the organization.
It is essential for leaders to spend enough time thinking about their legacy – what they will leave behind for the organization and the people they serve. Legacy is about how much time you have spent in an organization, it is about how you uniquely contributed to the growth and innovation at your organization.
- Do you wish to be remembered and respected in your organization long after you have left?
- Do you wish to understand the concept of legacy?
- Do you like to learn why it is essential to leave behind something for the organization and the people?
- Would you like to know the various effective leaders who left a strong legacy?
- Do you want to leave behind a strong line of leaders and not a void in your company?
- Do you wish to successfully leave a legacy that reflects the work ethics and culture?
If your answer to these questions is “yes” to any of the questions, then Leaving a Legacy – Don’t leave a void, leave a legacy is just for you.
The main focus of the program is to help leaders gain knowledge about legacy, why it is essential, certain powerful leaders who left something significant in their organizations. With this understanding it gives leaders a clear perspective and helps them to engage in the thinking of leaving behind something for the organization and the people they serve.
Leaving a Legacy – Don’t leave a void, leave a legacy is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, the program enriches leaders in the last leg of their professional lives about ways of leaving behind a legacy and not a void.
- Develop ways to contribute to the organization in the long-term
- Identify the potential employees and train them to take over leadership roles
- Discover different leaders and their legacy
- Enhance the overall effectiveness and profitability of the organization
- Engage in building and leaving behind a winning culture
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed|
|Lead to legacy||Understanding the concept of legacy and importance of leaving behind a strong legacy|
|Effective leaders and their legacy||Identify powerful leaders and the things that they are remembered for|
|Not wishful thinking but determined doing||Understand how legacy doesn’t happen just through wishes but determination and hard work is the backbone|
|Self-Awareness||Identify personal strengths and values as a basis for creating a strong legacy|
|My Guiding Principles||Leaders uncover the guiding principles of their career and personal lives through feedback to identify how others perceive them as leaders|
|Taking Risks||Understand the importance of taking calculated risks as a leader to leave behind a strong legacy. Identify strategies for taking effective risks|
|Succession planning||Understand the importance and strategies for effective succession planning as a tool for leaving behind a strong legacy|
|Culture & Legacy||Learn how to build a strong and enduring culture that contributes to the growth and innovation in the organization in the long-term|
|Case studies/Activity||Experience leaving a legacy through a live case study|