Mentoring Skills – Developing Potential Through Mentoring
Mentoring skills are a must have for leaders in today’s organizations.
Mentoring is about two individuals coming together with a view to helping one of them progress more easily through work and life.
As a mentor, a leader has the opportunity to share wisdom and experiences, evolve own thinking, develop a new relationship, and deepen the skill sets.
For the mentee, it is an opportunity to gain insights from the experience and expertise of the leader.
As a leader it is essential to improve employee performance on a continuous basis and the best way to do this is through mentoring.
Strengthscape’s Mentoring Skills – Developing Potential Through Mentoring training equips leaders with necessary skills to be an effective mentor.
- Do you want engage in succession planning by mentoring your team members?
- Do you want to enhance your mentoring skills and be a better leader for your employees?
- Do you want to be a role model for your employees?
- Do you want to develop the commitment and personal development required to be an effective mentor?
- Do you want to develop the competencies that a mentor should cultivate?
- Do you want to develop your people through mentoring to reach the next level?
- Do you want to influence the success of your organization by honing abilities of your team members?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Mentoring Skills – Developing Potential through Mentoring is just for you.
Participants will be trained to understand the role and practice the skills of an effective mentor, understand the difference between coaching and mentoring, learn how to coach and mentor, recognize the need to be a mentor and learn ways to motivate people.
Strengthscape’s Mentoring Skills – Developing Potential Through Mentoring training explores how to be a mentor and how to set up a successful mentoring relationship. It looks at the key attributes of being a good mentor, the roles & responsibilities of both the mentor and mentee, and what is required to build a good mentor-mentee relationship.
- Understand the benefits of mentoring for the mentor and mentee/Protégé
- Identify core skills required for mentors and proteges
- Create a solid mentoring relationship
- Build one’s mentoring skills – asking powerful questions, active listening, communicating across generations
- Deal with mentoring dilemmas
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed|
|Mentoring and its Importance, the purpose of mentorship||The participants get an insight on the importance of mentoring|
|Key Mentoring Skills||Explore the key mentoring skills that result in successful mentoring relationship|
|Stages of Mentoring Relationship||Reflected by four developmental stages, the participants are familiarized with how to build a mentoring relationship to planning for the future|
|Reflective Listening||Developing skills to understand the mentee through reflective listening|
|Active Questioning||Active listening complements reflective listening to encourage the mentor to think outside habitual constraints|
|Overcoming Barriers||Helps the mentor identify and analyse the barriers to progress. Discover techniques to overcome barriers|
|Responsibility and Accountability||Understanding that the responsibility of the mentoring relationship is shared between the mentor and mentee|
|Delegation and Succession Planning in Mentoring||Understand the role of mentoring in succession plan. Chalk a plan of action on how to build an effective mentoring relationship. Identify the potential of the mentees through mentorship and incorporate them in a succession planning strategy|
|DANCE Methodology of Mentoring||Participants are introduced to the propriety DANCE Methodology of Strengthscape for mentoring|