Networking skills – Going far than going fast
As the African proverb goes, ‘If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others.’ To withstand in the organization and in the market, effective networking is essential. Developing strategic contacts is as essential as working efficiently. For personal growth it is essential to have a group of acquaintances and keeping it alive through constant communication for mutual benefit.
Framing a group is easy the main task is to maintain the contact over the years. Having contacts through different departments comes handy at times of need and gives new perspective to issues. Networking is about building personal, professional and strategic networks to effectively deliver and organizational and professional success.
- Do you find it difficult to be prepared for a networking event?
- Do you like to identify the barriers in starting an effective conversation with others?
- Is there a difficulty to initiate conversation confidently?
- Do you like to understand when to pause or stop a particular conversation?
- Do you want to improve your listening skills and body language?
- Do you wish to follow up and establish a long-term contact with people?
- Would you like to keep your contact with others long lasting?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Networking skills – Going far than going fast is just for you.
The program focuses on helping individuals understand the importance of networking, ways to form best impression, establishing contact and following up, and strategies to utilize the contacts effectively. The program highlights the benefits of good networking skills and how it makes an employee standout from others thus making him excel in the organization.
Networking skills – Going far than going fast is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. It involves creating a customized plan for understanding the needs of the employees and making them flourish and stand out in the organization.
- Gaining a perspective on how to confidently initiate a conversation
- Knowing about the components or strategies of effective networking
- Being able to improve listening skills
- Understanding the importance of body language
- Learning to have constant contact to maintain the network
- Understanding the importance of observation and feedback
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Networking||Knowing the benefits of strong network and strategies for effective networking and challenges faced.|
|Dynamic Communication||Importance of communication is focused and how a good communication aids building strong network.|
|Power of Listening||To understand the role of listening and importance of proper perception and expression of body language.|
|Impression management||Learning to form best first impression, strategies to initiate conversation and remaining confident.|
|Initiating contact||Knowing to break the ice, and start a pleasant conversation. Understanding the dynamics of pausing and ending conversation smoothly.|
|Sustaining network||Gaining a perspective of ways to sustain a contact and also to use them wisely in time of need, communicating for mutual benefits.|
|Case study discussion||To facilitate greater understanding discussion of live case studies are provided along with few activities. This gives an experiential learning on building a healthy and robust network.|