Problem solving and Decision making – Creating unique Ideas
Problem solving and Decision making are an integral part of effective functioning in the workplace. All employees have to encounter these processes choose skilful decisions and solutions, as it is a part of their job roles. It is important to take up effective decisions and solve the problems rightly as it impacts the overall organizational functioning.
Decision making is about selecting the right option from a number of available alternatives. Problem solving on the other hand is about finding answers to complicated issues and problems. Both these are inter-linked and solving a problem tactfully involves making up right decisions
- Do you find it difficult to clearly define problems?
- Do want to become effective at finding appropriate solutions from the available alternatives?
- Is there a difficulty to take right and timely decisions?
- Do you wish to understand different approaches to decision making?
- Do you want to avoid common decision making mistakes?
- Do you wish to understand your areas of strengths and weakness in decision making?
- Do you like to frame innovative ideas in problem solving?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Problem solving and Decision making- Creating unique Ideas is just for you.
The program aims at creating an inclusive environment within organization by enriching individuals about various steps in problem solving and decision making, understanding their strengths and areas to concentrate, and strategies to develop unique ideas thus able to excel in their job performance; developing efficiency in facing problems and ability to take timely decisions.
Problem solving and Decision making- Creating unique Ideas is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. A customized plan to aid employees and managers to make informed decisions and solve problems effectively. The program is facilitated with personalized activities.
- Apply problem-solving steps to solve problems
- Analyse information to clearly describe problems
- Identify appropriate solutions
- Think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem-solving team
- Select the best approach for making decision
- Create plans for implementing, evaluating, and following up
- Avoid common decision-making mistakes
- Make correct and timely decisions
- Anchor SWOT Analysis to make decisions effective
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Understanding problem solving and decision making||Gaining a perspective of the problem solving and decision making behavior.|
|Steps in problem solving||To understand the different steps in problem solving. The five steps: Defining problem, brainstorming alternatives, choosing alternative, implementing solution, and evaluating the result.|
|Framing direction in decision making process||Getting a clear picture by understanding 4 W’s (who, what, why, when).|
|Characteristics of effective problem solver||Understanding the various characters of a good problem solver and learning ways to develop them.|
|Characteristics of efficient decision maker||Learning about the various qualities of a sound decision maker and getting a jest of few ways to become one.|
|SWOT analysis||Helps in knowing personal and team strengths and weakness and also about possible threats and opportunities.|
|Benefits of team engagement||To facilitate greater understanding of essential benefits of including team members in problem solving and decision making as it give raise to novel ideas.|