Risk Management- Understand to Manage
In the fast paced world, where silly mistakes can result in major repercussions, ignoring risks should be anybody’s last priority. It is not about not knowing the importance of risk management; it is always about what to do to deal with risks. Many people confuse risk management with risk avoidance. Risks, in many cases are unavoidable and actually welcome. Imagine a world with no risks – we would still be living in caves with no fire! Risks are essential for business growth and learning how to manage them to your advantage is a critical skill required of all managers. Risk management ensures careful analysis of risks for taking calculated risks as opposed to a blind gamble!
- Risk Management- Understand to Manage?
- Do you get stuck with how to handle risks that emerge within the organization?
- Do you feel lost when designing a good risk management plan?
- Do you doubt your abilities while managing risks?
- Do you wonder whom to involve and whose advice to be taken when dealing with risks?
- Do you think there is no progress until you master the art of risk management?
- Were there times you regretted ignoring risks?
- Do you prefer to avoid risks rather than use them to your advantage?
- Do you take risks that backfire more often than you’d like?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Risk Management- Understand to Manage.
The programme aims at enabling managers from all functions of an organization to be effective at managing risks. The programme is designed to provide the participants a deep understand about the need, importance and benefits of risk management and how to practically apply the techniques in the organizational context.
Risk Management- Understand to Manage is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Keeping in mind the role of a manager the programme ensures effective use of strategies in being a successful risk manager.
- Gaining a perspective on importance and benefits of risk management
- Understand how to design risk management plans
- Identify the types of risk to differentiate and create strategies to effectively manage them
- Understand competencies required for effective risk management
- Identify the threats involved in risk management and how to overcome them
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Introduction to the overview of risk management.|
|Organizational Risks||Gain a clear understanding of risk from an organizational perspective. Identify three categories of risks.|
|The Importance of Risk Management||Identify the importance of risk management in view of unavoidable and required risks.|
|The Risk Management Model||Learn the 5-step model for risk management to identify, assessment and manage risks in an effective manner.|
|Risk Identification||Identify the various risks one encounters during the course of work to create a view of risk scenarios.|
|Risk Management competencies||Participants are introduced to behaviors and competencies that are required for effective risk management.|
|Risk Analysis||Analyze risks based on impact and probability to create a management plan that best suits the type of risk.|
|Threats in risk management||A few factors which hinder or can act as obstacles in the process of risk management are discussed.|
|Risk Response||Participants are introduced to options in risk response based on cost vs impact analysis of each response.|
|Critical thinking for risk management||Understand the importance of critical thinking for risk management to ensure a logical approach to analyzing and managing risks.|