“Determine what your customers need, and work backwards.” – Jeff Bezos
Stores Management is about effectively managing inventory to ensure availability during demand and avoid losses that may result from deterioration, obsolescence, inadequacy or theft. All of us would have the experience of shopping in supermarkets – they function on effective stores management to ensure consumers get “what” they want and “when” they want it.
The person who maintains the store has lot of roles. Storekeeping is an art of handling and maintaining materials in the store and in good condition. In order to maintain stores and materials effectively it is essential to understand the integral functioning of the store and various responsibilities revolving around the role.
The effectiveness of the supply chain depends on the effectiveness of Stores Management. The Stores management program helps in enhancing stores efficiency.
- Do you wish to contribute to the organizational bottom line with effective stores management?
- Do you wish to learn ways of rightly anticipating the needs of the products and rightly stock them?
- Do you like to understand the various principles of stores keeping?
- Is there a difficulty in clearly understanding the various elements of store management?
- Do you want gain knowledge about the inventory and supply chain management?
- Do you wish to successfully anticipate and meet customer needs?
If your answer to is “yes” to any of these questions, then Stores Management – Receive, Store & Issue is just for you.
The main focus of the program is to help participants understand the different principles, dimensions, and concepts relating to stores management as to enhance their skills. This program talks about functions of store keeping, types of inventory and demand supply management to enable managers to create lasting impact on organizational profits with effective stores management.
Stores Management – Receive, Store & Issue is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, program connects efficiency in stores management with the right amount of knowledge and understanding of the elements of store keeping.
- Identify the different needs of the customers and manage inventory accordingly
- Develop ways to understand the demand and supply management
- Gain knowledge about the various types of inventories
- Discover the various functions related to the stores management
- Enhance the overall effectiveness of the organization through effective stores management
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introduction||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed|
|Introduction to stores management||Understanding the basic concept and importance of stores management|
|Principles and purpose of store keeping||Understand the principles and purposes of stores management to gain a clearer perspective of the stores functioning|
|Elements of stores management||Understand the different elements/functions of store keeping|
|Inventory & supply chain management||Identify the ways to tactfully handle the connect between the demand and supply of different products.|
|Types of inventories||This particular session deals with different types of inventory and how to optimize them.|
|Case studies/Activity||Practical session on managing inventory effectively|
|Start Stop Continue||Discussion based session to enhance learning|