Succession Planning – Widening the Vision
An organization’s deliberate and systematic effort to ensure leadership continuity in key positions is succession planning.
Do you think succession planning is necessary? If an organization does not train potential employees to take up the lead, when need arises it would result in a loss. Succession Planning is a key tenet of Business Continuity. There should always be people ready in the line to take up lead positions. Thus, rightly recognizing talent and potential in employees and training them adequately is crucial. The future functioning of the organization depends on it and thus a competent leader would ensure that isn’t compromised.
- Do you want to secure your organisation’s future?
- Are you planning to retain potential talent of the organization?
- Is business continuity essential to your organization?
- Do you want to rightly understand the future leadership roles and train people accordingly?
- Do you want to recognise the future leaders of your organisation?
- Does it get difficult to influence and inspire employees?
- Is it difficult to rightly understand the strengths of the employees?
- Do you want to assign potential employees with better roles and responsibilities and motivate them?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Succession Planning- Widening the Vision is just for you
The main objective of this program is to ensure that leaders are well informed about the various techniques to identify potential employees and use effective strategies to take up the lead in the future or sometimes even in the immediate future, so that there is a talent pool or leadership pipeline available to meet organisational demands as they arise.
Succession Planning- Widening the Vision is an experiential training that uses active facilitation, online pre-work, discussions, activities, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. The program is designed to reduce the effect of lost leadership through a strong succession planning program that identifies and fosters the next generation of leaders through mentoring, training and stretch assignments.
- Create awareness around importance of succession planning
- Create ways to rightly identify and guide potential leaders
- Understand the role and competencies of a future leader
- Identify potential challenges in the present succession plan
- Align potential leaders to the vision and mission of the organization
- Distinguish succession planning and management from replacement planning, talent management and human capital management
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed|
|Succession Planning- An Overview||Introduction to the concept and importance of succession planning|
|Succession Planning – Understanding it better||Learning about the succession planning, what it is and what it is not|
|Replacement Vs Succession||Clear distinction between the two are discussed in detail|
|Framework for Developing Succession Plans||Steps to developing it: The five steps are discussed in detailStep 1- Identification of Key Leadership PositionsStep 2 – Identify Competency, Skills and Success Factors of LeadershipStep 3 – Assess Current Bench StrengthStep 4 – Design and Implement Career Development StrategiesStep 5- Monitor and Evaluate Strategies|
|Best Practices in Succession Planning||Tools and Techniques and industry best practices for effective succession planning|
|Issues||Issues revolving around succession planning are portrayed and strategies to tackle them are addressed|
|Identification of Potential Employees||Identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and core competencies at work. Immediate, Short & Long-Term competencies required and how to build them.|
|Succession Planning Dilemmas||Various dilemmas faced by leaders in Succession Planning are discussed with strategies for resolution. This includes creating the right development plans for potential leaders.|
|Case studies/Activity||To ensure learning and understanding every session is preceded by an activity or case study followed by debrief about the topic. This provides an experiential learning|
|Start Stop Continue||Discussion based session to enhance learning|