Supervisor Training – Addressing dilemmas to ensure performance
Growth is always essential and it is quite inevitable too. With promotion and development also come responsibilities and expectations. Moving up the ladder from an employee to a supervisor the individual goes through certain dilemmas and questions. It is essential to equip them with key skills so they are able to tackle the demanding situations. With this new role the individuals have to manage self-work and the team work. To be successful as a supervisor and team manager it is necessary to develop skills to tactfully delegate work and ensure quality outcome from the team, along with managing critical situations.
- Do you find it difficult to understand if focus should be towards the people or the task?
- Do you like to maintain the outcome of own and team performance?
- Is there a dilemma between leading self and the teams?
- Do you want to stand out from others?
- Do you like to understand balance between strategic and tactical thinking under different situations?
- Do you want to make yourself comfortable in delegating tasks appropriately?
- Do you wish to successfully tackle issues between personal and organizational perspective?
- Do you wish to be both effective and efficient in your work?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Supervisor Training – Breaking the dilemmas & ensuring performance is just for you
The main focus of the program is to help supervisors understand the importance of being skilled and efficient in managing dilemmas and ensuring effectiveness. Gaining a perspective of this would enable them to function effectively in a demanding circumstance and bring worthy and commendable outcomes as a team.
Supervisor Training – Breaking the dilemmas & ensuring performance is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, the program connects supervisory skills with overall team excellence by emphasising on key skill areas.
- Distributing the tasks rightly to the team members and employees
- Generating plans to keep employees engaged and motivated
- Understanding the issues at hand and intervening appropriately
- Organizing tasks in a sequence with the mission of the organization
- Evaluating the progress of self and team performance
- Inferring the different needs of the employees and tapping their skills rightly
- Creating innovative ideas and solutions
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Team building||Delivering excellence in performance through high preforming team. Orienting about team process and culture, driving performance, tracking and recognizing progress.|
|Performance coaching||Coaching aids in empowering team members to be self-motivated, independent, high performers and decision makers. Identify models and strategies for effective coaching.|
|Coaching decision tree||Tackling coaching dilemmas with ease through effective decision making in diverse situations.|
|Stake holder management & Client Centricity||To be successful supervisors it is essential to be oriented towards clients. Understanding the needs and expectations of customers and developing positive relations with them.|
|Key Tenets of client centricity||Discussion about the eight different key tenets of client centricity by involving the audience with an activity.|
|Change management||With development comes shift in priorities, stakeholder expectations, work structure and culture. It is integral part of job role and thus one has to be adaptable. This session aids in managing changes effectively.|
|Managing reactions to change||Supporting teams through change and overcoming objections effectively.|
|Conflict management||Enabling participants to understand the styles of conflict management, conflict resolution process and strategies to overcome inter-personal and organizational conflicts.|
|Effective Negotiation||Inculcating art of negotiation through an activity. Creating win-win situation is demonstrated so the conflict could be resolved smoothly and both sides could be satisfied.|
|Respecting and celebrating diversity||As a supervisor one should know to recognize and respect the differences in the team and members and also be tactful enough to celebrate and appreciate the enrichment brought by each of them.|
|Delegating art||For a supervisor delegation is part of the role. It should be natural for them to assign right tasks right person so the outcome is excellent.|
|Employee engagement & Retention||Gaining a perspective of the importance of engaging the team members and encouraging their contribution to the tasks. Also being a motivator and appreciating valuable ideas and performances that makes employee to perform better.|
|Emphasizing Feedback||Audiences are taken through the benefits of effective performance feedback sessions.|