Working across boundaries – Building Bridges and Not Walls
To sustain in this competitive global market, it is essential for organization to constantly grow and change. It is essential to address the issues in collaborating effectively and building cohesive teams before getting into rapid growth and change. Given this context, what boundaries confront the person who would propose another well-meant and carefully planned change? To survive in the competitive forum and to stand out from others it is essential to gel to the changing practices and to collaborate with people from varied behavioural preferences. It is also required to find common grounds and motivate team members to achieve critical goals.
- Do you find it difficult to break the organizational barriers that resist you from achieving critical goals?
- Would you like to know the importance of understanding and appreciating deep-seated motivation?
- Is there a difficulty in having robust conversational process?
- Do you like to communicate effectively and manage conflict?
- Do you wish your team to commit fully to the decisions?
- Would you like to find the common grounds with other people and create a win-win situation?
- Do you have conflict with people rather than conflict around ideas?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Working across boundaries – Building Bridges and Not Walls is just for you.
The focus of the program is to break down organizational barriers in order to achieve critical goals. It helps in finding common ground and reaching true agreements within team members who have other competing priorities and values. Ensures you learn to negotiate effectively when necessary and manage conflict when it hinders further progress
Working across boundaries – Building Bridges and Not Walls is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, the program connects cultural diversity with collaborative functioning to promote personal growth. The program will increase your ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Describe the strengths and challenges associated with five typical organizational boundaries
- Identify your strengths and areas for greater attention as a communicator
- Differentiate between obstacles and objections to an initiative
- Explain the impact of positions and interests in a negotiation
- Work through emotional content to enable the resolution of a conflict
- Develop an action plan to lead a critical initiative across a challenging organizational boundary back home
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed|
|Identifying boundaries||To work across boundaries, one must understand the barriers and have a clear idea|
|Trust and communication||To achieve critical goals clear communication of ideas is essential. To achieve collective results trust within the team is the base|
|Encountering obstacles||Differentiate between obstacles and objections to an initiative. Create an action plan to overcome or prevent an obstacle from impacting your initiative|
|Negotiating with integrity||Apply strategies to rightly identify common grounds and create a win-win situation|
|Managing conflict||Describe losses associated with an initiative Assess whether differences in process values may be getting in the way of resolution|
|Action planning||Start Stop Continue|