In an era where there is a need for effective learning, corporates across the globe are relying on Learning Management System (LMS) to create a strong platform for corporate training and to serve the training needs for a wider audience. In this article, let’s understand why corporates need a rich LMS and what benefits they gain out of it.
So, what is an LMS?
An LMS is a software application that helps organizations to manage, control, track and deliver online training programs. While the LMS has features and capabilities to deliver a fully automated training program, it also supports hybrid training models such as blended learning and classroom sessions. They provide a one-stop solution that supports learning by delivering training, giving assignments, conducting tests, tracking progress, and offering continuous support.
Having a rich LMS improves learning by:
- Tracking the progress: Continuous encouragement for employee development and supporting compliance are the key areas that are focused in every organization. A rich Learning Management System enables the corporates to achieve this by tracking both the training progress as well as the performance.
- Prompting for Retraining: A rich LMS notifies the time when you last took a particular training and the time when you must retake it. This promotes continuous improvement and also ensures the employee is aware of the latest developments.
- Audit Reporting (Real-Time): LMS can accurately track the progress of the learner and can generate detailed reports in real-time.
Access to Continuous Learning: A rich LMS provides continuous access to the training materials, which enables the employees to take the course according to one’s pace and revisit the courses as and when required.
- Learning on the go: To keep abreast with the latest trends in eLearning, organizations are made to design device-responsive and intuitive courses that can be accessed via their laptops, smartphones, or tablets, paving way for learning anytime and anywhere.
The benefits an organization can get using a rich LMS are not limited to:
- Boost the Employee Performance: With eLearning courses available in the LMS, any instant training requirements can be met quickly and effectively, thus laying a foundation for performance improvement.
- Reduced Training Costs: Using an LMS to deliver the eLearning courses significantly reduces the training costs as against organizing and conducting the traditional, face-to-face trainings.
- Deploying on Multiple Sites: Deploying the training program using a rich LMS ensures that the messages delivered are uniform and consistent across all locations.
- Training are not skipped/missed: Learners have the flexibility to schedule learning at their convenience and fit learning into a busy work schedule – this has shown to significantly improve the training uptake. Using the LMS to deliver the learning in small pieces makes it convenient for the learner to schedule their own training such that their workflow is not hampered because of the time consumed in training. On the other hand, managers can keep track of those who have taken the training and those who have not and accordingly encourage them to take the training.
- Aligned training: A rich LMS is a powerful tool that dynamically aligns the learning to the needs of the organization. Trainings for new initiatives such as product launches and introduction of new processes can be rolled out quickly, effectively and consistently, and the impact of learning can be readily measured.