The DiSC constitutes Everything DiSC and the classic DiSC assessments. It is a non-judgemental tool that is utilized for discussion and understanding of people’s behavioural differences.
For example, when one is to participate in a DiSC program, it consists of a series of questions which upon answering produces a detailed report of the individual’s personality, behaviour as well as tips related to working with people of other styles. DiSC is described as a leading personal assessment that is used in companies by over 1 million people every year to improve teamwork, communication, and work productivity.
The DiSC runs on the DiSC model that ensures a common language that aids people in understanding themselves better and to adapt their behaviour to other individuals. This adaptation of behaviour to cope with others can be applied in order to work within a team, in a sales relationship, to work in a leadership position or in another relationship.
The DiSC model which runs the DiSC has stands for:
- Dominance – Here, the individual is to place emphasis on accomplishing the required and desired results, where the bottom line is, confidence. This elicits behaviours such as being able to see the bigger picture, be blunt, accept more challenges and does not beat around the bush.
- Influence – Here, the emphasis is placed to ensuring that other are influenced or persuaded, along with openness and being more involved in relationships. This in turn elicits behaviours such as enthusiasm and optimism. They also like collaborating and they also dislike being ignored.
- Steadiness – Sincerity, dependability and cooperation are the emphasis here. Their behaviour is interpreted to be as more likely to have a calm manner and calm approach along with supportive actions. They also do not like to be rushed to execute their actions or complete their work.
- Conscientiousness – The individual places emphasis on the quality and accuracy, along with competency and expertise. They practise objective reasoning and they also enjoy independence. They like to have the appropriate details and they also fear being wrong.
There are multiple benefits and uses of the DiSC.
Some of the uses of DiSC are stated below:
- Leadership and executive development
- Management training
- Sales training
- Conflict management
- Customer service
- Job coaching
Some of the benefits of the DiSC are:
The information and the follow up tool to extend the learning ensures that it is easily understood and memorable. This further ensures that the information provided to the individual isn’t forgotten easily and they work on the required areas.
The DiSC is validated and well-researched. In saying so, we are concluding that the information provided relies on years of research.
The rates of workplace engagement surveys are 30 percent. DiSC is engaging as it helps in improving their rate of engagement by improving communication and feedback, ensuring the staff is aware of its organization’s commitment to them, creating more self-aware employees.
Each of the profiles developed by the DiSC shows how everyone differ from one another but can work effectively as a team together which emphases that it is not about the individual but about the relationship.
The action or reflection items in the profile enable the individuals to target towards achieving more success through working with others, managing others, leading others or selling to others which shows that the DiSC isn’t just about the results.