For too many workers today, unhealthy work environments are very prevalent and employees experience many mental and physical health problems like stress, anxiety, depression, alcoholism, etc which can leave them feeling sad and drained.
There are many factors that affect the workplace wellness traits but the three main factors are:-
- Values- This consists of the concepts of respect, humility and transparency at workplace. Respect is the acceptance of mutual responsibilities at workplace whereas humility means being able to communicate with others with a non-judgmental approach and regardless of one’s power. Transparency is being able to share important workplace information with our colleagues in general interest.
- Organizational functioning- This consists of fluid organization, strategy sharing and the synergy at workplace. Fluid organization is required to define organizational processes keeping in mind the demands made by individuals with a clear overview and perspective. The synergy at workplace should result from the motivation of the individual and the organization’s desire for achieving the goals.
- Physical environment- Physical components of workplace wellness traits are comfort and work equipments. The employees need to be in utmost comfort in their work environment provided with the right work equipment to work with. Along with these factors, it is important to always facilitate ways of social interaction.
After knowing about the various factors that contribute to workplace wellness,
Let us take a look at the various traits which depict wellness at workplace:-
1. Health is of utmost value- Companies with successful health and wellness programs embrace a healthier working environment. Companies that are truly committed to complete health and wellness programs will even have the health and well-being of their employees as part of the company’s mission.
2. Leadership skills- Companies possessing great leadership skills is a great example to show how much they value the health and wellness of their people.
3. Wellness managers- Organizations can find people who are interested in wellness and can act as wellness leaders for the company. It is a great way to properly manage the wellness of people.
4. Employees are encouraged to live healthy lifestyles- The companies should create an environment where people can participate in various wellness activities and engage in a healthy lifestyle.
5. Workplace environment- Workplace wellness traits are enhanced by a physical environment that makes it easy and acceptable to engage in a healthy behavior. Things like vending machines and how healthy are the snacks in the company cafeteria, are small ways to judge our environment.
6. Numerous components- Companies that see the greatest return on their investments are those that provide a full display of health and wellness activities rather than just an annual health affair.
7. Communication- In addition to an array of activities, successful health and wellness programs are communicated using multiple methods like emails, newsletters, calendars, posters, brochures and social media.
8. Assessment activities- Employers need to ask themselves what their goals are with their personal health assessments and accordingly they should be provided with the necessary tools to find about their wellness score and help it motivate them to making positive lifestyle changes. changes.
9. Maximizing member participation- Workplace wellness traits and activities are always aimed at maximum participation in order to be able to generate the maximum output. The more the communication methods, the better the wellness message is out to the public.
10. Programs are branded- Whatever may be the program, it should always be branded and labeled to make it easy for the employees to notice.
The theme of wellness at workplace can be observed from the working conditions of an individual in his environment and also a series of external factors that very much affect the internal working conditions at workplace.