The time when receiving a paycheck signaled the beginning and end of an employee-employer relationship is long past. The concept of employee wellbeing has evolved from a conventional perspective and now concentrates on offering employees a range of health benefits. Employers today are concerned with improving their employees’ happiness and health because they are aware of the myriad factors that go into employee wellbeing.
Employee wellbeing has significantly evolved in recent years to include not just their physical health but also the emotional, financial, social, career, and community aspects of their lives.
Strengthscape’s ‘8 Essentials to Boost Employee Well-Being’ Webinar is all about improving the overall health of the workforce. While discussing the health and well-being of employees, this webinar not only takes into account physical wellbeing but also other aspects of well-being that cannot be overlooked.
The following will be your key takeaways from this webinar:
- Explain the importance of employee well-being to meeting business goals
- Identify the 8 essentials of holistic well-being
- Explore the challenges faced while promoting employee well being
- Explore the 4-step process that can implemented in the workplace to boost employee wellbeing
What is the Need for Boosting Employee Well-Being?
Taking action to promote employee wellbeing can have a significant number of benefits for an organization such as:
- Reduced absenteeism: Businesses began to realize that preventing issues like burnout, stress, and illness that affect employee wellness was more profitable than responding to all of these concerns after they had already occurred.
- Improved employee engagement: According to studies, wellness programs support employee engagement, according to 85% of organizations. Employees feel more connected, their health improves, and therefore their happiness rises when an employee wellbeing program is put into place.
- Better stress management: This results in more productive workers who are less likely to burn out. In general, when employee welfare is maximized, workers are more concentrated at work, and productivity rises.
- Improved employee morale: We learned throughout the COVID-19 crisis how crucial it is to maintain employee morale. You may greatly raise employee morale by implementing employee wellbeing programs like fitness competitions across departments or teams or mental health workshops.
Employee wellbeing is more crucial than ever because businesses have finally recognized its potential to improve workers’ lives, lower absenteeism and healthcare expenses, and foster a positive workplace culture. The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly placed a greater emphasis on mental health than ever before, which will result in more empathy and understanding in the future.