Central Test combines a passion for human psychology and information technology by keeping innovation at its core. This is reflected across all our assessments and is visible in our use of the latest statistical methods, up-to-date matching technology, and new processes. We constantly strive to push boundaries in the creation of new solutions that meet both our clients’ needs and scientific standards for assessments. Our modern assessment platform complies with the strictest data processing and security rules.
Central Test Profile Professional 2
Professional Profile 2 which is also known as PP2 is a psychometric test which assesses the personality of an individual. This test will analyze the traits of an individual which influence his/her behavior and performance at work. The analysis is scientifically accurate, valid and is based on the recent method in psychometrics. Professional Profile 2 measures 14 sets of dimensions which are opposite in nature like flexibility vs firmness, introversion vs extraversion etc. This results in getting an analysis of 28 personality traits and how it affects our motivation for work. The reason behind having a two-dimensional approach is that it reflects the subtle nature of personality. As personality traits lie on a spectrum, it is better to give two-dimensional rather than one-dimensional approach. This also gives an insight into the aspects of an individual’s motivational level. This assessment uses ipsative question structure and Thurstonian IRT model of analysis to reduce or minimise the aspect of social desirability. This also increases the validity and reliability of the assessment and makes it a good tool to assess the personality of individual.
Professional Profile 2 also meets the criteria established by the European Standing Committee on Test and testing. This the psychometric criteria. And this assessment has been registered with the British Psychological Society (BPS). This assessment is available in different languages like English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Hindi, etc. It has 112 questions and it almost takes 12-15 minutes to complete the assessment. This assessment is for the audience which falls under the category of graduates, intermediate-level professionals, and middle management.
The advantages of taking this assessment are that it helps in identifying the personality, motivation, values, and behavior in a single assessment. This gives a holistic insight about an individual which will definitely help in his/her work. It has a referential of 138 groups of professions which makes it a standard. The report provided is very easy to understand and it doesn’t contain any psychological jargon. The analysis is based on the profile matching with nine work-focused personality types and twenty-two competencies. This assessment is internally recognized with the British Psychological Society. This assessment can be used alongside TalentMap module to match the suitability of the candidate with sales and management skills. This assessment gives an insight into the way in which a candidate will behave and interact with others. This will help the recruiters to get an understanding of the personality of the potential candidate and whether he/she can be a good fit for the company or not.
The competency framework of this assessment allows the recruiter to compare the skills of the potential candidate with the skill required for a particular position. This can become more accurate by incorporating own job referential or competency framework which will ultimately give a more accurate fit with job position. The two-dimensional approach will provide a better understanding of the strengths and areas of improvement for the candidate. This will also be used to establish better training programmes which ultimately enable organizations to develop their people.
Importance Of Psychometric Tests
Nowadays, a lot of organization are inclined towards using psychometric tests for the recruitment process. These tests are extremely useful for employers because these tests will enable them to assess the attitude, intelligence, skill, personality, etc of the potential candidates. It gives valuable insights about the potential candidates on various things and helps to make an informed decision on whether to recruit or not. Psychometric tests also help employers to understand the emotional and mental strength of the candidates.
The results generated from the tests help employers to understand the work capacity, capacity to adjust in the new environment, and the capacity to cope with stress and pressure of the candidates. Psychometric tests can be conducted both online and offline.
- Psychometric tests save a lot of time and money of employers in the recruitment process. Using psychometric tests will act as a filter where candidates who have crossed the benchmark set by the organization will move to the next level of the recruitment process. As results are generated automatically, it will be easier for the employer to filter
- Psychometric tests show a clear and accurate picture of candidate’s skills and attitude. As resumes don’t show the actual skill set of candidates and even in personal interviews, there is a tendency that candidates might fake about their skills. Therefore, the psychometric tests will help the employer to understand the real abilities of the candidates and make decisions appropriately
- Incorporating psychometric tests in the recruitment process makes it a fair play for everyone. Each candidate will get an equal opportunity to showcase his/her potential. Candidates will not be filtered based on scores secured in school
- Psychometric tests make the recruitment process more valid because tests help in getting the exact information about the candidates regarding their skill and attitude which interviews might not be able to do. Psychometric test will act as a filter and will help the employer to choose candidates which are above the threshold level set by the organization
- Psychometric tests also help in hiring the people for the right job profile. Not every job profile requires the same skill set. Tests will help in channelizing the people and will allot them profile which are based on the skill set they come with. If person has possessed a certain skillset, psychometric test will help in figuring out that to which domain a person can belong to. It can be sales, marketing, etc
- Psychometric tests also help in giving a clear picture of motivational level, stress level, etc of the candidates. Organizations can understand what motivates candidates and how much stress a particular candidate can handle. Based on the scores, employers can select candidates which can be the right fit for the company
Incorporating psychometric test to hire people is a great strategy. Moreover, knowing about candidate’s scores on various skills will also help in the learning and development. Organization will get to know about the potential of candidates and train them accordingly. As the organization know what skill level it wants for the candidates, the level of training can be provided accordingly.