Competency Mapping is a process used to identify key competencies for an organization or a job, and then incorporate these competencies into the various internal processes of an organization. A competency is defined as a behavior, or a set of behaviors (i.e. communication, leadership) rather than a skill or ability.
Competency mapping certification conceives the required competencies and defines a competency framework by mapping the existing skills and competencies of the employees. It identifies gaps and then develops the competencies thereby providing an informed, systematic and measurable method for developing organizational capability.
The process of competency mapping allows us to articulate and evaluate what every employee brings to the table. This process greatly contributes toward job evaluation, recruitment, training and development, performance management, internal mobility, and succession planning. It brings a great deal of value to the organization.
Competency Mapping certification can help you with:
- A competency-based approach
allows an organization to understand its capabilities and the gaps to which it is exposed. A competency-based approach allows it to fine-tune all HR related downstream activities
becomes more focused and the specific competencies required become clear.
- Talent Management
is easier with the skills being defined and the behaviors on which the employees are to be assessed are also clearly defined.
facilitates Learning and Development and Organizational Development.
- A competency framework
makes it easier for organizations to plan, strategize and implement to optimize overall organizational capabilities.
In short, Competency Mapping is a fundamental activity that drives capability development in an organization and helps it to be more strategic than its competitors.
Strengthscape has an experienced team consisting of organizational developmental analysts, instructional designers, and eLearning developers who provide practical insights into the process.
Blended Delivery approach
Strengthscape conducts both online training, eLearning modules, and live case studies for convenience and to make the program cost-effective.
Strengthscape takes a spaced learning approach giving enough time to absorb the concepts and practice, leading to better retention and more concrete learning.
Our Own Methodology
Strengthscape provides a tried and tested, comprehensive methodology to map the behavioral competencies of employees. Our internal methodology of competency mapping is called StrengthMapping. The StrengthMapping methodology considers the behavioral competencies of the employee.
Strengthscape provides continuous support through individual handholding for higher learning effectiveness
Identifying the performance gaps
Applying in HR process like recruitment and selection, job evaluation and performance management
Developing balanced performance appraisal system for development results and change management
Designing an assessment centre to evaluate and enhance the performance
Understanding ways to integrate your performance review system with the training plan of the organization
The Program is one of its kind designed and delivered by industry veterans.
The program is delivered virtually and includes a blended approach, which consists of e-modules and virtual simulation.
This certification will also allow participants to partake in live projects, basis the availability of the same.
- The course is enriched with audio, visuals, assessments, case studies as well as follow-up sessions for clarifications.
- Access to Strengthscape’s Learning Management System (LMS) which has a range of learning materials starting with the course manual, videos, eLearning content, podcasts, case studies, and a whole lot of assessments that promote self-paced learning and help participants become confident of what is being taught.
- The course manual is divided into 5 modules. Each module has chapters and units.
- Online Competency Mapping Certification: 30 hours of live virtual Instructor-led sessions conducted every weekend spread over 12 sessions of 2 hours 30 minutes each. This is followed by a live project and a final assessment.
- Enterprise Version: The Enterprise Version is best suited for organizations that use or propose to use Competency Frameworks and would like to train their HR and L&D professionals and trainers. Master facilitators from Strengthscape conduct a two-day in-person certification along with 5 hours of virtual training exclusively for internal teams of organizations.
- Participants are expected to go through LMS and read the manual, watch videos and listen to podcasts as well as read any additional reading material that is provided.
- Human Resource professionals
- Learning & Organization Development Experts
- Individuals involved in performance management
- Professionals who have taken on training roles within their department
- Professionals who are involved in the hiring process
- Access to Learning Management System (LMS) with Course Manual
- 1-year complimentary access to the Digital Library
- Assignments and worksheets on the LMS