16 Hours to Redefine Learning Journeys
Strengthscape’s Instructional Design Certification program – a journey that transcends conventional content development. In the realm of training, Instructional Design (ID) emerges as a dynamic discipline, a pragmatic approach that stretches beyond conventional content creation. Far exceeding this narrow conception, ID embodies an all-encompassing process deeply rooted in psychology and pedagogy. It involves the discernment and analysis of human performance hurdles, the creation of ingenious interventions, and the meticulous formulation of solutions that yield extraordinary outcomes.
Our program not only empowers you to craft captivating content but also equips you to navigate the intricate landscape of training needs assessment, intervention design, implementation, and assessment. Whether you are shaping engaging instructor-led sessions or immersive eLearning experiences, Strengthscape’s Instructional Design Certification endows you with principles that transcend, enabling you to forge instructions that redefine the learner journey.
Additionally, our program includes a two-hour session dedicated to harnessing Generative AI for constructing compelling content in the realm of Instructional Design, adding an innovative edge to your skill set. This holistic approach nurtures comprehensive growth and development, setting you on a path to success in the ever-evolving world of instructional design.
This program on Instructional Design can help you:
Embark on a journey where AI and instructional design converge, accelerating content creation and refining the art of crafting transformative learning experiences:
- Analyzing Training Needs: Illuminating Challenges
Let’s start by unlocking the secrets of pinpointing performance hurdles. By asking the right questions, you’ll lay the groundwork for potent interventions. This step is like identifying the canvas upon which your masterpiece will unfold.
- Designing Impactful Interventions: Where Tradition Meets Innovation
Now, imagine infusing traditional wisdom with innovative prowess. This is where you shape the very essence of your intervention. Select the most effective mediums and choreograph session plans that captivate. Let data guide your design, ensuring your intervention speaks directly to the challenge at hand.
- Developing Engaging Content: A Symphony of Pedagogy and AI
Picture crafting content that’s both a melody of pedagogy and a dance of AI. This step isn’t just about words—it’s about resonance. Whether it’s crafting Instructor-led Training scripts or immersive eLearning storyboards, infuse your work with the nuances of human cognition and adult learning tendencies. This is the creation of learning magic.
- Seamless Implementation: Where Plans Take Flight
Now, it’s time to transition from the drawing board to reality. It’s all about execution—making sure every system and process is in harmony. Think of it as the backstage crew ensuring the grand show goes off without a hitch. With this foundation, your intervention takes center stage.
- Evaluation: The Litmus Test of Triumph
Just as important as the design and execution is the assessment of impact. This is where you decipher if your intervention hit the bullseye. Our program equips you with techniques to gauge effectiveness objectively, providing insights that steer the course of refinement.
- The AI Advantage: Crafting at the Speed of Thought
Enter the realm of AI—a world where content creation accelerates. Imagine AI-generated prompts that speedily sculpt learning content, aligning seamlessly with your goals. It’s a symphony of human insight and technological innovation, crafting results at the speed of thought.
In this journey, AI is your ally, enhancing your prowess in content creation while enriching every facet of your instructional design artistry. It’s the fusion of innovation and tradition, an evolution that paints a new canvas for learning experiences.
The significance of Instructional Design has surged with the increasing focus on Learner Experience. As learners seek immersive experiences to derive relevance and meaning from their education, a shift towards experiential learning environments becomes imperative. Traditional approaches to instruction fall short in creating these enriched contexts.
The journey towards mastery requires the integration of multiple layers to yield impactful outcomes and a substantial return on investment. An Instructional Design Certification is your guide to uncovering these layers, providing the foundational principles to craft instructions that magnify the learner experience, fostering holistic growth and comprehensive learning and development. Join us to embrace this evolution in instructional design and transform your approach.
Guided by Experts
Step into a world of expertise with Strengthscape. Our accomplished team comprises seasoned instructional designers and eLearning developers who offer real-world insights throughout your journey, elevating your understanding.
Blended Learning Excellence
Experience the best of both realms with Strengthscape’s unique blend. We seamlessly merge traditional instructor-led classroom training with the convenience of online sessions, ensuring a comprehensive and cost-effective program.
Optimized Learning Pathways
At Strengthscape®, we believe in giving knowledge ample time to root. Embrace our spaced-learning approach, allowing concepts to flourish and practices to solidify. This paves the way for enhanced retention and tangible learning outcomes.
Your growth matters to us. Strengthscape is committed to your success, providing continuous support through individual handholding. This personalized approach enhances your learning effectiveness, ensuring you master each facet of the program.
Elevating Learning with Generative AI
Beyond these pillars, we introduce a pioneering session that integrates Generative AI into your learning journey. This innovative step transforms how you perceive content creation, harnessing cutting-edge technology to enhance your prowess. At Strengthscape, we’re not just instructors—we’re your partners in elevating your instructional design journey.
Identifying Performance Gaps: Backed by empirical evidence, Instructional Design meticulously assesses organizational needs, pinpointing specific performance gaps. Research underscores that targeted interventions yield enhanced employee productivity and proficiency.
Designing Outcome-Oriented Solutions: Rigorous studies demonstrate that result-oriented learning solutions, tailored to learners’ needs, lead to skill mastery and knowledge retention. Instructional Design applies research-driven methodologies to ensure alignment with learning objectives.
Engaging, Contextual Content: Research highlights that engaging, contextually relevant content significantly enhances learning outcomes. Instructional Design employs adult learning theories, incorporating real-world scenarios to foster deeper understanding and application.
Efficient Implementation and Evaluation: Research underscores that structured implementation and objective evaluation are pivotal to training success. Instructional Design streamlines processes, optimizing resource utilization and ensuring outcomes are measured against predefined criteria.
Enhancing Adult Learning: Evidence-based research emphasizes the importance of catering to adult learners’ preferences and cognitive abilities. Instructional Design prioritizes strategies that resonate with adults, leveraging research insights to create impactful learning experiences.
- Dynamic Learning Approach: Seamlessly blending classroom and virtual sessions—both synchronous and asynchronous—this program leverages diverse training methodologies. It features engaging audio, visuals, and assessments, accompanied by follow-up sessions for clarity and reinforcement.
- Robust Learning Resources: Access our comprehensive Learning Management System (LMS) for a wealth of materials. From course manuals, videos, and eLearning content to enriching podcasts and a plethora of assessments, our LMS promotes self-paced learning, fostering participants’ confidence in grasping the subject matter.
- Structured Learning Path: The course manual is structured into 5 modules, each comprising chapters and units. This intuitive breakdown facilitates progressive learning, ensuring you absorb concepts effectively.
- Virtual Certification Experience: Our online Instructional Design Certification offers 16 hours of live virtual Instructor-led sessions across 4 weekends. These engaging sessions, including a live project and a final assessment, bring the learning journey to life.
- Engaging Self-Paced Exploration: Participants are encouraged to explore the LMS thoroughly. Dive into manuals, videos, podcasts, and additional readings, enhancing your understanding at your own pace—a pivotal aspect of this dynamic learning endeavor.
- Curriculum developers
- Teachers and Educators
- Training, managers, or coordinators
- Human Resource professionals
- Learning & Organization Development Experts
- Individuals seeking a career change or position within the eLearning instructional design field
- Professionals who have taken on training roles within their department
- Access to Learning Management System (LMS) with Course Manual.
- 1-year complimentary access to the Digital Library.
- Assignments and worksheets on the LMS.
THE PROCESS OF IMPLEMENTING INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN
Instructional design is the practice of creating worthwhile and extraordinary learning experiences for a targeted audience. Instructional Designers (or IDs) work with subject-matter experts in their respective fields to recognize and face knowledge and performance gaps within a target group. Based on their research and the requirements of the organization, the instructional designers create educational experiences that are based on established learning theories and proof -based practice.
Stages in Instructional Design
Instructional Design consists of five stages together known as the Addie model- Analysis, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate. The Addie model is the most commonly used model for Instructional Design to help organize and streamline the production of your course content as it’s simple and effective.
- Analysis – Analysis is an important step in the process of Instructional Design. When analyzing, never limit your efforts to considering just the training and business needs. Extend your analysis to include four other areas as well: Audience, Content, Technology, and Expectations. Before developing any training strategies, you should analyze the present situation in terms of training. Start with a series of questions to understand the goal of the training itself. This influences a huge number of decisions later in the process. Analyze the need for training, why are we doing it? Will it actually help? Once this is done, you can generate a training plan that focuses on who, when, what, where, why and how
- Design – Before you start developing any content or training strategies, you should analyze the current situation in terms of training, knowledge gaps etc. Start with a series of questions to understand the current situation and to also understand what is the goal of the training itself. This influences a huge number of decisions later in the process. Before you start developing any content or training strategies, you should analyze the current situation in terms of training, knowledge gaps etc. Start with a series of questions to understand the current situation and to also understand what is the goal of the training itself. This influences a huge number of decisions later in the process
- Development – At this stage, each element of the course should be developed to match the design phase. The core of the content has already been decided. All you need to add is a level of detail and finish to the courses. This is done by choosing colors, deciding on fonts and adding Once you have fully tested your courses and you are fully satisfied, it’s time to share them with the learner. The resolutions made in the design phase will affect how this is actually carried out. In most cases, the courses are uploaded to an LMS to handle the delivery, tracking, and reporting. The instructional designer should monitor the situation for any issues
- Evaluation – The final step is to evaluate the influence of training. It is equally important as design and implementation. Usually, the evaluation can be done at two levels – at learner’s level to see if the learners found the graphics. To some, this may seem insignificant, but it has a huge bearing on how interesting the course content is. The careful selection of these elements allows you to present the course in a manner that will appeal to the audience. Once you have created a course you should test it to look at the mechanics of the course and ensure there are no basic errors
- Implementation – The training needs to be engaging and useful at the organizational level if it has to positively impact the business and help achieve the business needs. Always document the results of the evaluation step. Analyze what was effective and what wasn’t for the training, and carry forward this learning to future projects. This step helps to know whether the objectives were met. Instructional Design helps to plan objective evaluation techniques
Every project is different and so are its stakeholders and their expectations. Feel free to personalize these steps and create your own step list for the Instructional Design process. The main goal of Addie is to provide a structured method of creating training programs and improving the way in which future repetitions are created. Getting feedback on every aspect of the courses is very important so that you can improve and revise the content and what to focus on.
Future of Instructional Design
Instructional design is the practice of creating useful and exceptional learning experiences for a focused audience. Instructional Designers work with subject-matter experts in their respective fields to recognize and face knowledge and performance gaps within a target group. Based on their research and the requirements of the organization, they create educational experiences that are based on established learning theories and proof -based practice. The future of instructional design is going through quick changes as a consequence of research in the fields of technology, education and learner behavior. Competent organizations are tuned into these instructional design trends and already implementing them. This article is an attempt to explore the trends that are impacting and will influence the future of instructional design.
Future Traits of Instructional Design
- Personalization of Learning – Instructional design will continue to take advantage of the analysis of big data to personalize learning experiences by getting better insights into learner engagement. Learning can be crafted to meet individual needs and requirements. Big data actually allows us to check how learners learn best. Using this information will help designers avoid a multipurpose instructional design strategy or design for the average learner. With big data, we become aware of the ways of delivery preferred by individual employees. This way the instructional designers can reach learners based on their learning styles through the best learning tools available to them. Instructional designers will no longer be compelled to enforce learning in a style learners may not like. The future of instructional design will lean toward creating multiple modalities for the same information and learning strategies will be enhanced for individual fondness to be truly personalized
- Creating Flexible Resources for Adults – With personalization, instructional design will move toward offering learners the flexibility to learn what they want rather than developing courses which follow a similar cycle based on traditional styles of learning. Today, learning abides by the adult learning need to be independent. This type of learning is suited to the modern workplace where employees search for knowledge suited to their needs and is circumstantial so that it can be translated into action. The learner will grasp the knowledge required to do his job well. To offer demand-driven learning to an audience that is technically skilled, instructional design will have to utilize the power of technology to design learning that is accessible on all devices. It will quickly change direction toward delivering learning in small pieces so that learners can access what they want, anytime and anywhere
- Mobile Learning – The growing usage of mobile phones has given life to mobile learning. The focus will be on developing small and consistent information designed to be delivered to learners on mobile devices. These small but organized pieces of learning need to be designed and developed rapidly and the instructional design strategy will be based on how learners will interact with the course material while they are active. The size is perfect for the learner who approaches them on his mobile in short intervals during his work hours and when he needs it. The units should be designed to help faster cognitive processing for faster application. Instructional design strategy will be designed to enable learners to retain information; short assessments can be included to evaluate the learner
- Creativity – Creativity brings freshness to workplace learning. It leads to meaningful challenges, which, in return, produces engagement. Constant feedback allows learners to adjust and adapt to change. Providing them with a vision to strive for can transfer engagement into motivation and, in the long run, maybe inspiration. You can’t begin this process in the middle and just create an employee engagement program. Instructional designers need to work closely with business. The more you are in your audience, the more compassion you gain, which leads to better and reasonable experiences. The most effective way to do that is through work. Try to do someone else’s work occasionally
16 Hours to Redefine Learning Journeys