Employee development training for managers is gaining more recognition and attention because as it supports an organization’s continuing development, efficiency and employee engagement and retention. With neglectable challenges, the employee development plan turns out to be effective and wholesome.
Some statistics are provided here for the reference:
- Employees who are engaged tend to offer help two times more than those who are not
- These employees are two-and-a-half times more likely to stay late voluntarily
- Employees who feel valued tend to do tasks that are not expected out of them.
- Three times more to perform tasks that are not expected from them
- Five times more likely to refer their organization to others
It is essential that the employers invest in developing their existing managers than to find new employees.
Listing down some reasons that highlight the importance of employee development:
- Training helps in retaining the talents. As the market is not only competing for revenue but also for employees. Employees also expect that the employer provide them necessary training that enable them to be top in the market and have a competitive edge. Employee development training helps in retaining managers.
- Employee development training for managers enables the organization to deal with skill shortages. For organizations, the short-term focus should be to renew the training programs at the entry level. Focus in a longer run should aim at rebuilding the talent management system that align with the organization’s vision.
- It is essential to adapt to the continuously evolving business needs. By focusing on employee development training for managers organization’s signal that the employees are valued. Training enables managers to gain improved satisfaction and morale. Sometimes not just feeling valued but feeling challenged at work also enhances the morale and makes them feel satisfied.
- Providing training and development to the managers enhances individual productivity. That in turn helps in engaging the teams better. Managers those who receive required training perform better in their job. Employee development training for managers leads to better understating of their roles and responsibilities and enable them to perform better.
- Focusing on employee development training enables the managers to feel valued which in turn results in reducing the employee turnover. Research has proven that when employees feel valued, they tend to retain thus reducing the concern that they’ll take their knowledge and leave the organization.
- The developmental needs are to be aligned with the organizational goals.
- Training programs mostly plays on the strengths of the managers but sometimes they are also conducted to address weaknesses. This type of training programs provides an opportunity to address these skills where they need to improve. This kind of development training aims at enabling all employees to gain certain common skills at a similar level. This way the burden of relying on only particular group of people for certain tasks can be reduced heavily.
- Employee development training for managers are designed in a robust fashion ensures that employees experienced consistency and acquire similar knowledge/process. This ensures all of them are in same level. This way all of them are aligned to similar set of expectations thus ensuring smoother functioning.
- Long term training plans with focused attention and contestant revisit leads to increased creativity and innovation. At times, these ideas can result as a direct impact of training & development or sometimes it could be because all the employees are in same line and they began to encourage varied ideas, thus creating a culture of innovation.
- Training and developing managers make them competitive thus creating a more positive outlook for the organization.