Our modern workplace is constantly changing. As a result, enhancing team cohesion can seem nearly impossible. The truth is that teams almost never reach their collaborative peak and potential unconsciously. With a proven framework, developing and practicing teamwork becomes easier, and relationships thrive, propelling your team and organization to new heights. The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team will change the way your team collaborates.
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team powered by DiSC is straightforward: to create a team experience that teaches team members how to improve team cohesion. The power of Everything DiSC and The Five Dysfunctions of a Team model, based on Patrick Lencioni’s best-selling book, is harnessed in The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team.
The Five Behaviors
Trust: Without trust in the team, little progress can be made toward team cohesion. Vulnerability-based trust (the ability to expose one’s flaws) is essential for developing the relationships needed to withstand and even benefit from the routine and unique challenges that every team faces.
Conflict: Conflict is sometimes regarded as dangerous because it can lead to resentment. Members of a team who have relationship trust, on the other hand, feel secure enough to be honest and courageous. Conflict can be productive if trust is present. In fact, conflict is essential for ensuring that all points of view and aspects of issues are discussed, understood, and considered.
Commitment: Obtaining commitment from team members is not the same as gaining agreement. According to Lencioni, reaching a consensus requires compromise, and compromise may not always produce the best results. Clarity of purpose leads to commitment.
Accountability: Accountability is typically the most difficult team behavior to master. Most teams will never reach the point where each member routinely holds all other members accountable. Getting and keeping good grades in the preceding steps will make accountability much easier. Accountability can become a part of the overall dynamic of a team.
Results: The team exists to achieve team objectives. If each previous behavior is built properly, each team member is focused on achieving the team’s goal. The team goal takes precedence over any individual’s personal goal, and everyone feels rewarded for contributing to the team cohesion and success.
Strengthscape’s Webinar on the Everything DiSC Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team is a deep dialogue about helping team members engage in authentic discussion driven by the Five Behaviors team assessment results. The learnings from this webinar will lead to a productive and high-functioning team that can drive hard-hitting discussion into actionable steps to:
- Improve decision-making efficiency by making better, faster decisions. Utilize all team members’ skills, preferences, and opinions
- Stop wasting time and energy on politics, misunderstandings, and destructive conflict
- Avoid revisiting the same topics over and over due to a lack of clarity and buy-in
- Create a culture of team momentum and unity to gain a competitive advantage
- Increase team cohesion and engagement to drive results within the team and throughout the company
- Learn about the critical behaviors required to transform teamwork based on the Five Behaviors model, including a foundation of vulnerability-based trust
- Understand how your team performs on each of the Five Behaviors model’s behaviors. These findings will assist the team in better understanding team dynamics and developing action plans for areas for improvement
The DiSC assessments, which are powered by the DiSC profile, assist participants in understanding their own work and communication styles. Bringing everyone’s personalities and preferences together to build team cohesion takes time and effort, but this investment is well worth it once you’ve developed into a cohesive, high-performing team.