When hiring new employees, are you aware of ALL of their skills, or just some of them?
In reality, most businesses associate their employees with the skills listed in the job description for which they were hired. Without a doubt, even small organizations face significant difficulties in measuring employee skill levels. There is a straightforward method for tracking employee abilities and growth, though. The phrase “competency mapping” describes it. The information provided by competency mapping on what your employees can and cannot perform can be used to accomplish a number of goals.
Many firms employ an assessment center as a tool to detect managerial potential and gauge a candidate’s suitability for more senior functional roles. It is frequently used as a technique in the managerial development process to assess candidates’ competencies and personality qualities.
Strengthscape’s ‘How to Use Assessment Centre in Competency Mapping’ Webinar will define assessment centres and outline how they differentiate with development centres. Learn about the benefits of assessment centres and analyze their applications in competency mapping. This webinar will provide an overall view of assessment centres and how they can be effectively incorporated and implemented in the competency mapping process of an organization.
Benefits of Assessment Centers
- More emphasis is placed on measuring behaviors and skills that are relevant to the workplace
- Compared to conventional tests and interviews, they may be able to assess a wider variety of abilities and knowledge
- They are uniform and give all candidates the same consideration
- They don’t offer any form of discrimination based on age, color, or gender
- They provide excellent chances for both the candidate and the evaluator to learn
- They provide more accurate candidate ratings
It has been established that assessment is crucial to the competency mapping process since it allows a business to determine the scope of training and development for its employees as well as how well they will perform in their roles going forward.