There are plenty of outcomes to look forward to in opting for management training workshops.
Typically, these workshops will:
- Enable participants to highlight their development opportunities and strengths.
- To have managers prepared for leading people with different behavioral traits.
- Give a chance for all participants to practice their delegation, performance feedback skills and coaching.
- Provide a stage for discussing strategies to successfully deal with difficult employees and challenging situations.
Overview of management training workshops
In an age where tight resources are becoming the norm of the day, managers rely on the employees they directly supervise as well as others in getting the job done satisfactorily. These workshops are ideal for those managers who delegate to traditional teams as well as virtual teams. Also, in these workshops, participants will have to go through practical exercises and hands-on activities to enable them to focus better on basic components of delegating tasks, establishing goals, sharing performance feedback and opportunities to grow.
Objectives of management training workshops
When the training workshops finally conclude, all participants should be able to:
- Identify their positives and opportunities to grow as managers.
- Effectively delegate work to other employees.
- Make use of their style in ensuring effective communication.
- Identify different behavioral styles and coach each team member in a better way.
- Set intelligent goals for others as well as themselves.
- Advice employees that are not performing as per expectations.
- Give out constructive feedback and discuss ways to reach goals with subordinates.
- Run a business meeting successfully.
- Develop tactics that can be employed on those with difficult behaviors.
- Highlight the importance of vocal tones and body language on communication.
- Generate an action plan which can be used for enhancing supervision skills.
There are plenty of key learning points that workshops offer. Also, depending upon the business objectives, the contents of these workshops can be modified. Sometimes, a copy of participant materials will also be provided to the participants before the beginning of a session.
Outline for the management workshop
Understanding group dynamics – Generally, workshops for managerial aspirants begin with a seminar that will be directed towards understanding the importance of team-building. As a first step, participants will be taught what a team is and how budding managers can successfully conduct group interactions. This is also the stage where participants will be required to access their individual strengths and weaknesses and rate themselves on their ability to lead teams.
Delegating and directing – In the next step, the participants are thought the art of delegating every member with goals and targeted outcomes for any given situation. There will be specific checklists created with timelines for motivations, communications, interventions, check-in points etc. Manager are provided insights how to understand different behavioral priorities and delegate work in a way that resonates with the behavioral style of the team member.
Communication skills – Management training workshops will also involve making the participants understand the importance of communication styles and the art of setting goals for peak performance. Furthermore, the participants will be taught how to deliver performance feedback, not just annually but as a part of regular exercise between managers and the workers they supervise. Communication skills in critical situations like performance review is difficult and crucial for the success of an individual as a manager.