Email etiquette refers to set of behaviours one should use when writing or answering emails. Email etiquettes also depends upon to whom we are writing mails like friends, customers, supervisors etc. It is also known as code of conduct for email writing.
In this fast-changing era, emails are considered most effective form of communication. Yet it has been noticed that many organizations overlook the importance of email framework. It has been seen that effective formal email writing has direct impact on productivity.
Email etiquette training help participants to understand best global practices of writing email and to minimize or avoid errors which can have negative impact on the reader. You need to respond to your client in a very proper manner, which can make your customer impressed with your efficient customer service.
Email etiquette training plays an important role in Managerial development programs. Business communication is being largely done via emails nowadays, so it is very relevant for companies to establish email writing protocols which is followed by all the employees. If employees have the right skill to write business emails professionally it will give a competitive edge to the organization.
As we are dealing with volumes of email on daily basis, we might make some embarrassing errors which can have serious professional consequences.
Here are some of the essential rules you need to keep in mind while writing an email to avoid unnecessary errors
- Know your audience before sending a mail
- Mention direct and clear subject line with the mail
- Keep it short and get to the point
- Include signature block to create authenticity
- Use same fonts everywhere
- Use a professional email address
- Be careful with humour while doing a written communication
- Proofread every mail you send to the client and stakeholders
- Please keep time into consideration before responding
- Be careful with confidential information’s
Email etiquette training is very important for employees which help them to create messages that are understood as intended by the writer. Let’s discuss some important training components which needs to be covered in the training-
- Understanding readers requirement before sending any email
- Importance of Branding and consistent subject lines
- Perfect grammar plays an important role
- General email etiquettes
- Structuring paragraphs and sentences
- Tone of the messages should be active
- How to send effective messages
- How to handle flame mails
- Replying to and forwarding messages
Email etiquette training will also make sure that employees are aware of the email risks and will help organization from any legal implications. Good email etiquette can be very beneficial and help to improve public perception and persona and increases the chance of effective response from the client. It takes a lot of practice to keep your emails professional and up to the point, but email etiquette training will be very beneficial in the long run. It is rightly said that we are evaluated what we say and the say we say it.
You have only once chance to make an impression, when it comes to your email communication you really need to make positive impression which can have last impact on the client. You need to come as a credible professional with whom they will be happy to do business with.