With the advancement in technology, training content creation is becoming a necessity for business organizations.
However, the roadmap for a perfect yet engaging content creation is not as simple. Note that, every project involves different variables, which makes them unique, thereby, it is not easy to box the elements of content creation into a single plan.
These factors may include:
- The number of your employees
- Overall amount of content
- The given subject, and desired content
- Your target audience’s knowledge or understanding of the given content
- Your business objectives
These varying characteristics determine the direction of your training content creation program.
And although there is no standard, there are several guidelines that may serve as the basis of compelling content creation.
Go ahead and find it out for yourself.
Set your learning objectives
Your objectives serve as the basis for your program, providing your team with a clear set of goals, and a path to follow.
Here is what you should keep in mind:
- Be clear and concise;
- Use simple verbs, a simple language
Identify skill gaps
Consult your audience via quizzes, discussions, focus groups, etc. Learn their background or level of expertise.
This step will enable you to identify the requirements of your employees, and the possible ways for the implementation of program.
A good plan is critical
Start by creating a list of tips and traps since it is an essential way to visualize your training content creation program.
Here is how you should prepare a draft:
- Begin with a topic, then divide it into groups or sub-groups;
- Break your main topic into divisions;
- Break everything into modules or sections;
- Decide the way you want your employees to display the content;
- Again, keep in mind your learning objectives.
Implement the program
Organize your content since you do not want your employees to overload on data, knowledge or information. You may create a storyboard, PowerPoint presentation, case study etc. in order to determine clear a path for your training content creation program.
Furthermore, ADDIE Model – an Instructional System Design model – may prove to be significant when it comes to the creation of an effective training content creation program.
The elements of the model constitute the following:
Clarify your problem and establish your instructional objectives. Identify the skills and current knowledge of your employees.
Here is what you may consider during this phase:
- Who is your target audience?
- What are the characteristics, skills, abilities etc. of your audience?
- What kind of hindrances may appear?
- What delivery options do you have?
- What is the duration of the program?
Deal with your learning objectives, subject analysis, instruments assessment, lesson planning, content, media selection etc. in a systematic yet logical, specific manner.
Here is a list of steps that you may consider:
- Documentation of your strategy;
- Application of strategies;
- Create a storyboard;
- Design user experience or interface;
- Apply graphic design etc.
Develop, create and integrate content assists, technologies etc. Perform any debugging processes. Review and revise any feedback or suggestions.
Develop a facilitator’s training session including course curriculum, method of delivery, learning objectives/outcomes, testing processes etc. Train them on new tools, technologies etc.
Evaluation may incorporate:
- Formative Evaluation – Evaluation that is present in every phase of the model.
- Summative Evaluation – Specific sort of evaluation that may incorporate feedback or suggestions.