Emotional intelligence is defined as the “ability to monitor one’s own and other people’s emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and to use this information to guide thinking and behavior.” It is a quality that is being increasingly valued in organizations around the world. The reasons are not difficult to understand. An awareness and understanding of our own emotions let us recognize the same in the others. It forms the basis of empathy, which is a crucial attribute in a leader, a manager, or more importantly in an individual. While some are naturally highly intelligent in this regard, others can work on building a better emotional intelligence through practice and training.
Hence, in this article we are going to discuss about emotional intelligence training.
What is Emotional Intelligence Training?
Emotional Intelligence Training is an efficient way to improve interpersonal relationships, parenthood, duality, and to cope with trauma and changes and to improve our personal capacities. It is a revolutionary method that enables us to identify and improve our emotional skills. Emotional Intelligence Training is based on a new revolutionary concept of human nature. It suggests a simple and efficient way that enables us to realize our capacities and understand our emotions. Emotional training assumes that we can be responsible for our emotions and actions.
In the field of leadership, soft skills are truly integral to the success of those wanting to move up in an organization. Emotional intelligence training is one of the most impactful things in an employee’s career. However, a good emotional intelligence training program must have certain aspects and features to it that are both helpful and impactful to the trainees.
The various aspects of a good emotional intelligence training program are:
- A good emotional intelligence training program trains employee in performing and leading under pressure.
- Meet basic challenges that every employee faces such as work pressure, job satisfaction and communication.
- Train leaders into leading change effectively, dissolve stressful situations, build teamwork and connected relationships.
- Increase awareness of situations that put an employee at risk of having emotions lead to unskillful behavior and poor decisions.
- Make employees learn to suspend judgment – become ‘more curious and less certain’ to effectively engage and influence others.
- Develop every person emotionally regardless of their level within the organization.
- Develop self-awareness and self-assessment for higher collaboration and productivity.
- Focus on specific ways to practice and improve various emotional competencies such as empathy, motivation and social skills.
- Adopt proven strategies and techniques that are customized to employees during the day- long experience
Thus, to meet the challenges every organization faces, individual, leaders and teams need to be armed with strategies and tools required to show up in the right way every day, to lead and drive results. Whether one is a formal manager or wants to enhance individual performance, or both, emotional intelligence training programs teach the foundational principles and the science of emotional intelligence to work effectively and enhance overall development and productivity. Emotional intelligence training has become sort of necessary in the current workplace, considering the role empathy and social skills play in improved relationships and how important it is to manage our emotions to deal effectively with work pressures and gain professional success.
Emotional intelligence training is thus the perfect way to enhance our emotional competencies to achieve desired and fulfilling results at workplace.