Everything DiSC is the latest tool in the list of personality assessment tools developed from Marston’s theory of four basic personality and communication styles. DISC model divides individuals into four primary categories and personality types. DISC has evolved greatly over the past 40 years.
The highlight of Everything DiSC is the detailed narrative report of each personality type. The DISC model primarily lists the traits of each personality type. Everything DiSC provides a detailed and personalized report. The report places a ‘dot’ in the region where a person’s DISC style is located. It makes it easy to locate and identify the style of each person’s functioning and allows for development and ease of interaction. Everything DiSC suite of assessments are a widely used personality assessment tool majorly due to the analysis that includes the nuances of a person’s interactions and beliefs that lead to a particular style of interaction. Let us consider specific examples to elucidate this:
In a typical Everything DiSC report, the analysis of each personality type includes a chart with various regions of the four basic types. Suppose, a dot is placed at the CS region of the chart for a specific individual, it means that he/she has a conscientious style along with a borderline steadiness style. CS is a combination that makes a person a blend of the characteristics of both.
The report will then divulge the details of the position of the dot with relationship to the center. The closer the dot to the center, the less inclined the person is to be able relate to the personality type. Similarly, if the dot is somewhere in the closer to the peripheral circle, the person is fairly well inclined to the DiSC personality. The personality traits of the person based on the individual style is then elaborated in great detail.
In the above example, let us consider the person (A) belongs to the CS personality type. An excerpt from his report would be similar to the following:
A, since your DiSC style is CS, you are a conscientious individual and friendly and warm as well. Your priority is accuracy and quality. You are naturally oriented to accuracy and believe the quality of work is determined by the correctness of the method followed as well as the result achieved. You are stable and enjoy working conscientiously under all circumstances to achieve the target with as much precision as possible. You thrive on opportunities to gain knowledge, while you also enjoy utilizing your expertise for the task at hand. You like to work in an organized and systematic manner. You practice diplomacy and tact in handling complex situations. Your qualities that may hinder your potential could be your overly critical outlook and obsession with accuracy. You aim on achieving precision, stability, personal growth, and unique accomplishments.
You also believe in constructing a work environment by supporting others in the workplace. Support is something you largely rely on. You like to achieve grand victories in tasks that you undertake. You thrive in a steady and moderately paced environment that enables you to excel. You are limited by your tendency to be maintain status-quo and avoiding unpleasant situations. …
The example above attempts to elucidate the sample report generated by Everything DiSC; It is a thorough narrative of each personality type according to the individual’s dot placement. The report is generated by the responses provided by the individual to each probe in the tool. The tool limits a person’s response to two or more options to make the report more credible and personalized.
The most important advantages of Everything DiSC is that it provides unique role based assessment tools are designed for development and specific interventions.
The Everything DiSC suite of assessments includes:
- Everything DiSC Workplace – This assessment can be used by professionals across roles and levels to enhance workplace effectiveness and build better relationships.
- Everything DiSC Management – This assessment is specifically meant for professionals in a people management role. The assessment is designed to help people understand their managerial style and enhance effectiveness in specific activities like directing, delegating, motivating etc.
- Everything DiSC Work of Leaders – This assessment is designed for leaders to enhance their effectiveness using the VAE Model for Visioning, Alignment and Execution.
- Everything DiSC Sales – This assessment is designed for sales professionals to enhance their effectiveness with the understanding of buying behaviors and drivers of prospective clients.
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team – This assessment is meant for strategic teams that are looking to enhance their effectiveness by eliminating the five de-railing behaviors as enumerated by Patrick Lencioni in his ground-breaking work, “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team”.
- Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders – This assessment is based on the premise of providing a constructive 360 degree feedback to managers and leaders, along with providing 03 action-strategies for improvement.
Everything DiSC is therefore the best DiSC tool primarily due to its rich add-ons.